Sorry, Condensation Again

Hippo

Hi All

I asked this question in the topic on condensation but did not receive a reply so forgive me if I ask it again in a seperate heading.

Sorry if this is a basic or obvious question but what do you all mean as windows and skylights on night settings? We are new to caravanning and have not spent a lot of time away in the van yet.

Thanks Hippo

Hi Hippo.

As far as i can tell the night settings you refer to are when the window catches are locked on there second catch, there are two settings on the catch on the window frame, locking on the second will leave the window open just a few mm and still no one can open them from outside. Hope this helps.

Dave

Hi Hippo,

When you close the windows the catches can be secured with the windows slightly ajar, ie if you pull window fully closed you can move the catch levers completely over the plastic lugs around the windows, or do not pull window fully closed and move the levers into the slot that is in all of the lugs leaving a small gap that will let the van breathe. Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Mark :mellow:

We leave the Ominivent open slightly during very cold weather but with the fan switched off. When it is warmer the fan is left on so no problems. Remember that your van is well ventilated even if all windows are shut firmly.

It makes a big difference too, night settings.

On our first weekend in the van we left everything closed, with heater on, and got a lot of condensation. This past weekend we had the roof vent on the night setting, and very little condensation.

Archived