Ground Sheets

rodie

Some good bargarins online.

http://www. breathablegroundsheet. co. uk/

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Use breathable - had ours for years . When it gets dirty hang it over the washing line and give it a good hose down. If we happen to be on really wet ground we also use a number of the rubber mats that you can buy in Morrisons or Tescos - the ones that have the holes in them

hi, what is the best ground sheet to go for, breathable or non, also any preferential makes or sizes, thanks rod

Can I tag another question on to Rodie's and that is also what do you folks use when you are are on hard standing pitches.

Do you put anything down at all. Do the breathable types like Softex sit ok on hardstandings without damage from sharp stones ?.

Edited by Pommie5

Roy & Rita

Bailey Unicorn Barcelona 1 with Power Touch 4 wheel mover (February 2012) - Mercedes E320 CDI Avantgarde Auto V6 Estate

For the past eight years I have had my van on a seasonal pitch with a porch awning up . The pitch is all hardstanding and I have used tha same breathable grounsdsheet over all these years. Pretty dusty by the end of the season and good wash is required. I bought the piece in the local caravan dealer - off a big roll - not sure the size . Did not appreciate the number of manufacturers there are but would suggest you go for the better quality.

It depends what you are wanting from the ground sheet. A piece of plastic is cold and non breathing which will kill the grass below and many sites ban their use. However, if the weather is terrible then you wont get your feet wet in your awning.

The softex type groundsheet is breathable and warm under foot. However it is not as hard wearing some others breathables. I have this type and prefer it. The price is not excessive even if it has to be replaced more often than the others.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

Hi there

Have been looking for a ground sheet myself, and came across this review the other day if it is of any help to you guys

http://www. practicalcaravan. com/product/sep05. html

Tempted by the Milenco Carpetina myself, liked the Isabella ground sheet at the dealers last weekend but dont want to pay the price and the review said the carpetina looked similar!

Take care

Tom

Carado T135 (Replacing a VW California, replacing a Bailey Pageant Moselle and Nissan Terrano II, replacing a Pennine Fiesta Folding Camper!)

Can I tag another question on to Rodie's and that is also what do you folks use when you are are on hard standing pitches.

Do you put anything down at all. Do the breathable types like Softex sit ok on hardstandings without damage from sharp stones ?.

When on hard standing we put down one of those cheap blue B&Q type groundsheets before putting up the awning. This protects the awning and awning windows from damage. When the awning is up we then put the breathable one on top of the other. It gives the breathable one a bit of protection from dirt etc.

On hard standings and abroad on the sandy pitches, we use tiles which are sold as Anti Fatigue flooring.

They are light, soft and spongy, hardwearing, waterproof and clip together in various shapes.

These are similar but twice the price of the Costco ones.

Edited by Rostrevor

Enjoy yourself, whatever you're doing

RAV4 Pegasus 534

Rostrevor, the ones you got from Costco's were they the quite heavy ones OH looked at them before.

No. They are as light as a feather, now in packs of 8 2' x 2' plus edging weighing a total of around 4lb

Enjoy yourself, whatever you're doing

RAV4 Pegasus 534