6 Different Motor Movers In This Months Cc Mag.

ashtons99

Just as I was heading towards the purple line mover this months CC mag dropped on the mat.

As I thumbed through the pages I found movers by the following usual suspects:

Truma

Powrwheel

Purple line.

Then 3 new ones. ....well new to me

Rhyno

E-Go,electro tecknic

Motorglide.

Has anyone any knowledge or indeed purchased any of the last 3

Noticed that in the magazine today also. Some one must reckon there is a gap in the market although I wouldn't have thought so myself.

Out of the three "new" ones you mention I have heard of Rhyno, there are a few posts about that model on different caravan forums. Never heard of the other two before today.

I think they might find it tough to break the hold the more established manufacturers have on the market. Their movers, and back up service, is tried and tested. However, competition might not be a bad thing, just might keep prices down. .. or is that just wishful thinking!

Robert

Rhyno have been around for some time and have a pretty good reputation. No mention of Reich there? I've also seen another make, from a Dutch company, but I can't remember what the name was now.

Jim

VW Passat Estate 2. 0TDi SEL + Adria Adora 532LT

I am considering buying one but still think it is a lot of money. I know people who have bought them do speak highly of them, however the thought of parting with £600 for something like this still bugs me.

The cheapest ones seem to be around £600. I'm hoping with the increased competition they may come down to around £500 - at which point I'd probably bite the bullet and buy one - particularly if I could get Powrtouch to price match it. On a recent enquiry they will price match but generally add about £100 to align their competitors prices to the 5 year warranty (others generally only offer 2 years)

Rhyno have been around for some time and have a pretty good reputation. No mention of Reich there? I've also seen another make, from a Dutch company, but I can't remember what the name was now.

Simpark is the Dutch company. Original model was stainless steel but later changed to galvanised. I did consider it but the cost of importing or going to Holland put me off. I think they now have an importer in the U. K. Link here, watch the video. Simpark

I understand the Chinese have entered the market, I would check on the source of any "unknown" brands.

Edited by beejay

I am considering buying one but still think it is a lot of money. I know people who have bought them do speak highly of them, however the thought of parting with £600 for something like this still bugs me.

The cheapest ones seem to be around £600. I'm hoping with the increased competition they may come down to around £500 - at which point I'd probably bite the bullet and buy one - particularly if I could get Powrtouch to price match it. On a recent enquiry they will price match but generally add about £100 to align their competitors prices to the 5 year warranty (others generally only offer 2 years)

Having used a Carver/Truma mover since their introduction I would willingly pay double their current price for the

convenience and ease of maneuvrability that this accessory creates.

I currently use the Truma electronic start model which I cannot praise highly enough. In addition to the fact that all

functions, including the initial activation. are carried out at the touch of a button, this model also enables the user to leave the caravan and car completely secure on Motorway service areas etc. This is achieved by activating the mover motors on to the wheels and then taking the remote control with you. By carrying out this procedure together with locking the hitch

onto the ball the unit becomes as secure as its possible to make it.

Volvo XC90/Swift Challenger

Can you move the caravan yourself with ease? Do you need to park in an awkward space - close to a wall? If 'yes' and 'no' are your answers, don't spend the money. Mine are 'no' and 'yes' and like others, would say its the best extra we've bought. We bought a new Reich Comfort back in 2005 for our Bailey Ranger, moved it onto the Burgundy and would have moved it onto our latest if it hadn't already had a mover fitted.

Can you move the caravan yourself with ease? Do you need to park in an awkward space - close to a wall? If 'yes' and 'no' are your answers, don't spend the money. Mine are 'no' and 'yes' and like others, would say its the best extra we've bought. We bought a new Reich Comfort back in 2005 for our Bailey Ranger, moved it onto the Burgundy and would have moved it onto our latest if it hadn't already had a mover fitted.

Hi Ken,

don't forget the other question. .........how much 'Snob Value' does it have :D ? Seriously I would agree with your questions and our answers are No and Yes,

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by ian dunning

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Hi Ken,

don't forget the other question. .........how much 'Snob Value' does it have :D ? Seriously I would agree with your questions and our answers are No and Yes,

Regards,

Ian.

Well I have just bought the Rhyno mover, its parts and manufacture are in the UK and in today’s climate I think that’s important. Some people keep going on about how the backup service is on other movers and I think this proves how often they break! Rhyno have an excellent reputation and are good value for money, come with either a 5 year warrantee or life time whichever you order.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

Hi all,

This my be slightly off topic but here goes, I have a Powrtouch mover No1 which i have had for 6yrs now so it's out of warranty and the sintered rollers are wearing, has anyone tried those aluminium ones with a diamond teeth pattern and where from and of course the price.

rustygates

Hi all,

This my be slightly off topic but here goes, I have a Powrtouch mover No1 which i have had for 6yrs now so it's out of warranty and the sintered rollers are wearing, has anyone tried those aluminium ones with a diamond teeth pattern and where from and of course the price.

rustygates

Have you tried Powrtouch themselves?

GPS

Well I have just bought the Rhyno mover, its parts and manufacture are in the UK and in today’s climate I think that’s important. Some people keep going on about how the backup service is on other movers and I think this proves how often they break! Rhyno have an excellent reputation and are good value for money, come with either a 5 year warrantee or life time whichever you order.

Hi Jim, I've also ordered a RHYNO (the Charger model for caravans upto 2200kgs)

I didn't need to go for all the bells and whistles so after a little research it was a straight choice for me between Rhyno and Powrtouch models.

I was wavering a little because I keep on hearing about how good the customer service at Powrtouch is, but I read some good reviews on the Rhyno (always a good sign) and the fact that so many people have had their Powrtouch fixed (albeit with excellent customer service) became a negative for me.

The only advantages I could find to choose the Powrtouch over the Rhyno are:

The Powrtouch is better if you need to park you Caravan against a wall which I don't and

the Rhyno has an extremely ugly remote control!!

Apart from that the RHYNO Charger at £675 + £99 to fit appears a good deal

+ It's comes with a lifetime warranty (now that is confidence in your product)

+ It's only 29 kilo

+ I really don't like chasing around price matching

+ It is 100% British made and I think in these troubled times we need to support UK workers where possible!!!

Having had a Carver that needed a new control panel after 2+ years at a cost to me of £200 I am glad to now have the 5 year warranty of Powrtouch :angry:

Are Rhyno movers then being quoted as likey to fail within 5 years? :rolleyes:

If an opinion is asked it seems churlish to then talk of people going on about warranty and service when it is an important thing should you need it and no doubt other movers are of equal quality but opinions asked for can only be given on the product owned by the person taking the time to reply to a request

I have needed service 3 times in the last year on my Powrtouch through no fault in the product and its been excellent including a replacement waterlogged handset within 2 days to France

As to snob value well showing that you are old and decrepit and need a mover to enable continued caravanning is a real act of snobbery that many wish they could do without :D

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

Having had a Carver that needed a new control panel after 2+ years at a cost to me of £200 I am glad to now have the 5 year warranty of Powrtouch :angry:

Are Rhyno then being quoted as likey to fail within 5 years? :rolleyes:

I don't know if they will fail or not, Just the fact of posting a comment like that could put potential customers off and cause it to happen.

I think that it is unfair to discuss this on the net without regard to the facts, so I did a quick credit check on them both.

Rhyno UK Ltd was incorporated on 08/06/2005, is a small business and has made a profit in it's last 2 years accounts turnover up in last year accounts 143. 3%

Powrwheel Limited was incorporated on 21/03/2008 and hasn't posted any accounts yet

I don't know who supplied the Powr movers before but the company supplying them now has only been around since 21/03/2008

I don't know if they will fail or not, Just the fact of posting a comment like that could put potential customers off and cause it to happen.

I think that it is unfair to discuss this on the net without regard to the facts, so I did a quick credit check on them both.

Rhyno UK Ltd was incorporated on 08/06/2005, is a small business and has made a profit in it's last 2 years accounts turnover up in last year accounts 143. 3%

Powrwheel Limited was incorporated on 21/03/2008 and hasn't posted any accounts yet

I don't know who supplied the Powr movers before but the company supplying them now has only been around since 21/03/2008

Hi Duncan,

I'm working from memory but I think somebody to do with Truma, or some other large outfit bought the company. I maybe wrong on the name though. I certainly agree though on the rumour mongering going on on Forums as I know that Bailey, and Discover lost a 'van sale due to (unfounded up to now) rumours of Discover's demise as somebody local wouldn't take the risk so they went to another Dealer and bought a Lunar which was their second choice. I really don't know if the other Dealer is in a better position, than Discover.

Before anybody accuses me of rumour mongering, I did read of the rumours but didn't take any notice and I went to Discover for my new 'van :D,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

I'm not quite sure whose comment you are referring to

It seemed odd to me to say about back up service on other movers being possibly because they needed it and then quote a similar 5 year warranty for Rhyno. :blink:

My comment referred to the Rhyno mover not the company and I have editted it to make that clearer

Powrtouch were bought into by someone who also has a share in Truma was what I understood

I think that it serves no purpose to adopt a my mover is better than your mover or my mover is more British than your mover attitude

Its to be hoped that all the movers on sale are good value and serve the purchasers well

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

Hi Duncan,

I'm working from memory but I think somebody to do with Truma, or some other large outfit bought the company. I maybe wrong on the name though. I certainly agree though on the rumour mongering going on on Forums as I know that Bailey, and Discover lost a 'van sale due to (unfounded up to now) rumours of Discover's demise as somebody local wouldn't take the risk so they went to another Dealer and bought a Lunar which was their second choice. I really don't know if the other Dealer is in a better position, than Discover.

Before anybody accuses me of rumour mongering, I did read of the rumours but didn't take any notice and I went to Discover for my new 'van :D,

Regards,

Ian.

Well remembered, Ian, PowrWheel were bought out by the major shareholder in Truma, not by Truma itself - there was much speculation at the time that Truma was buying out competitors but statements have been made by PowrWheel, on behalf of the new owner, that it's business as usual.

I'm not quite sure whose comment you are referring to

It seemed odd to me to say about back up service on other movers being possibly because they needed it and then quote a similar 5 year warranty for Rhyno. :blink:

Powrtouch were bought into by someone who also has a share in Truma was what I understood

I think that it serves no purpose to adopt a my mover is better than your mover or my mover is more British than your mover attitude

Its to be hoped that all the movers on sale are good value and serve the purchasers well

Hi John it was your comment "Are Rhyno then being quoted as likey to fail within 5 years?" when I read it again, it is actually a question not a statement

but I initially read it as a suggestion and I'm sure that I'm not going to be the only one who will make that mistake. Like I said you have to be careful with what you write, especially with idiots like me around :D

Seriously I'm not into who's got the biggest or best, if I was that bothered about impressing you all I would have bought a Truma SE, or if I wanted to pay as little as possible the Rhyno lite or Powr equvilent.

I initially looked at the Rhyno to get a price match with Porwtouch but after comparing the two I decided the even with the Powrtouch price match the Rhyno Charger was the one for me but there was not that much in it.

Regards

Duncan

Hi John it was your comment "Are Rhyno then being quoted as likey to fail within 5 years?" when I read it again, it is actually a question not a statement

but I initially read it as a suggestion and I'm sure that I'm not going to be the only one who will make that mistake. Like I said you have to be careful with what you write, especially with idiots like me around :D

Seriously I'm not into who's got the biggest or best, if I was that bothered about impressing you all I would have bought a Truma SE, or if I wanted to pay as little as possible the Rhyno lite or Powr equvilent.

I initially looked at the Rhyno to get a price match with Porwtouch but after comparing the two I decided the even with the Powrtouch price match the Rhyno Charger was the one for me but there was not that much in it.

Regards

Duncan

Hi Duncan

I can now understand your reaction but I was simply trying to answer the point that if other makers 5 year warranties were being questionned as a doubt on longevity then it was odd to immediately say that Rhyno had 5 year warranty and did that not from the same logic mean that Rhino(movers) could be expected to have the same 5 year lifespan :D

Had I meant the comany I would have said Is Rhino nor are Rhino but thanks for giving me the opportunity to clear it up

You have omitted this line from your quote

"My comment referred to the Rhyno mover not the company and I have editted it to make that clearer"

I certainly don't believe in rubbisihing a product and jeopardising UK jobs :D

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

No problem John like I said I read it wrong!

/quote]

Its good to have a sensible discussusion :D

Have you tried Powrtouch themselves?

GPS

I did but they wanted the serial number of the mover before they could tell me, which i haven't got, so i was enquiring wether anyone had fitted the ali rollers. to their No1 powrtouch mover?

rustygates.

I think that we have every right to state that if all things are equal we should be buying British where possible!!!

The other point about the Rhyno warrantee is that you don't find many many people on the web saying how often they have to use it!!

But living in Stoke-on-Trent and seeing so many companies failing and not through bad quality, but more often than not due to the fact they cannot get overdrafts serviced, that we should all be trying to keep our aconomy going, else we are all going to be in a mess.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by princejim

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

What does "Buying British" mean, in reality?

Does it mean designed in Britain - assembled in Britain - components made in Britain ?

Unless anyone is anorak enough to research a product by chasing down the % value attributable to each country for each component and each material that goes into each component and each machine used to make each component, I suggest that it's impossible to determine country of origin. As an example - most Vauxhall Astra cars are built outside the UK (Belgium, Germany and Poland) but most Opel Astra vans are built in the UK!

The Truma Classic mover is the old Carver Mover rebadged as a Truma, designed and built in Staffordshire originally but I've no idea where it's built now - or where it's components come from. Those well-known "French" tyres made by Michelin used to be made in Stoke-on-Trent.

The politicians realise, correctly, that this world recession cannot be solved in any one country because of international inter-dependencies.

I think that we have every right to state that if all things are equal we should be buying British where possible!!!

The other point about the Rhyno warrantee is that you don't find many many people on the web saying how often they have to use it!!

But living in Stoke-on-Trent and seeing so many companies failing and not through bad quality, but more often than not due to the fact they cannot get overdrafts serviced, that we should all be trying to keep our aconomy going, else we are all going to be in a mess.

Just my thoughts.

Surely any mover bought in UK is helping British jobs and who knows where individual components are sourced without making extensive enquiries

Rhyno is no doubt an excelent product as are others

But its newer on market so there aren't so many people quoting Rhyno warranty because there aren't so many people owning them

I bet there are more people who have had Carver and one year warranty like myself who have wished that they had had a 5 year warranty(£200 for new panel) and more people who have had trouble simply because more people have bought Carver as they have been for sale the longest

Its almost as though to say that good service has been had is being quoted as detrimental to the product

The people who are quoting the good warranty are replying to requests for advice on good products

I have made such statements about Powrtouch because opinions were asked for and because I have the Powrtouch mover as do the others who had replied. I am not able to comment on Truma,Rhyno etc as I've not had one but see no reason why they shouldn't be all be equally OK.

Time will tell

I too live in Stoke on Trent and its very sad what is happening but buying a mover is hardly contributary to the demise of the pottery industry but it is supporting the sales and service network of the UK employees who work in the mover/caravan industry

According to Radio Stoke Wedgewood are to be American owned and Rists supplied General Motors Vauxhall for years but they provide UK jobs

Edited by Watson(JohnG)