Powertouch Price Match

utterchaos

i have been quoted a standard twin powertouch mover for £1100 from powertouch, they also do a price match so does anyone out there have any other prices that are better than this that i can then say to powertouch about so as i can get a better price, or would anyone reccomend a mover for a twin that is better.

thanks

i have been quoted a standard twin powertouch mover for £1100 from powertouch, they also do a price match so does anyone out there have any other prices that are better than this that i can then say to powertouch about so as i can get a better price, or would anyone reccomend a mover for a twin that is better.

thanks

If you look on Link to eBay you will find someone that will supply and fit at your home address for only £995, this is the Powrtouch Twin with cross actuator bar.

You tell Powrtouch you have found one on eBay at £995 (as per link) give them the Item number found in the top right of the advert on ebay and ask them to price match.

GPS

Going off topic (partly) . .

I hate this 'Price Match' thing . . why cant they give a competitive quote in the first place? . . don't want to go bargaining . .

eg, , My insurance renewal arrives . . I say 'ouch' (or words to that effect . . go and look for other offers on the net . . find a suitable and cheaper one . . call the old company and say "i've got this quote of £xx " they say " we'll match that" . . I say "tough, you should have done that first . . I'm changing"

I hate this 'Price Match' thing . . why cant they give a competitive quote in the first place? . . don't want to go bargaining . .

eg, , My insurance renewal arrives . . I say 'ouch' (or words to that effect . . go and look for other offers on the net . . find a suitable and cheaper one . . call the old company and say "i've got this quote of £xx " they say " we'll match that" . . I say "tough, you should have done that first . . I'm changing"

Good post Taid!!

My sentiments exactly!!! :P:lol::P

HI UC

Look this guy up on E-bay He fit mine on my van and the service was absolutely first class ask for Dave

I only live local to him he invited me up to have a look at his set up

I am going to use him to service my van ( proper personal service)

I was a bit ??? at first when I saw it on e-bay the my fears were dismissed when I saw the set up

he will price match and will fit uk wide

AT OUR W/SHOP OR YOUR HOME/STORAGE £875 ALL UK COVERED Item number: 290292446587

Hope this helps

Ian :)

Jaguar XF 3. 0 D tugging an Swift Challenger Sport 584

If you look on Link to eBay you will find someone that will supply and fit at your home address for only £995, this is the Powrtouch Twin with cross actuator bar.

You tell Powrtouch you have found one on eBay at £995 (as per link) give them the Item number found in the top right of the advert on ebay and ask them to price match.

GPS

thanks, turns out he is only up the road from me

Nope! This is modern marketing. If you send out (or charge) the highest possible price there will be some who will pay it, either through ignorance, incompetence or idleness. It all means extra pounds in the coffers and companies are not even remotely interested in the morality of how they get it.

Has anyone noticed how many millions of ways John Lewis now have for not honouring the 'never knowingly undersold' policy? To all intents and purposes it just doesn't exist anymore. Getting a refund is now the exception rather than the rule. I now make sure that I get the price match before buying the item.

I had made up my mind to buy a mover and went to the NEC to see what the different models offered in quality and customer service/backup. I thought that I had narrowed the choice down to either Rhyno or Powrtouch with their price promise.

I know that a lot of you have fantastic things to say about Powrtouch but they were one of the 3 that stood out for all of the wrong reasons:

When I asked the salesman on the Powrtouch stand a couple of questions about the models he seemed like it was all too much trouble. Then when I mentioned their price match his response for the basic model was ' It's £900, that's it. It's the cheapest at the show. We have people checking and the other makes aren't comparable withy ours anyway. So that's the lowest we are prepared to go.'

The guy on the Rhyno stand was unhelpful and arrogant beyond belief. When I asked him how his lifetime guarantee would work if he wasn't around in 10-15 years time the helpful reply was 'How do you know you'll be around in 10 years time?' When I asked if there was a cross actuation bar his very informative reply was 'I saw someone lose a caravan in Dawlish because of one'??????

The Purpleline Enduro was probably the cheapest but didn't look to have the clearance for shock absorbers. The salesman here was probably the most clueless of all. Didn't know if it would clear the shocks, didn't know if I would have to relocate the spare wheel carrier if it was fitted behind the wheels and didn't know who could tell me. His advice was 'Bring your 'van in so we can see (South Wales to Essex on the off chance) 'Get someone to have a look'....who? And 'Go on the internet and ask if someone knows'

The three that stood out for the right reasons were Carver and Reich (both expensive) and Motormovers. The fella from Motormovers reminded me a bit of the mad proffessor in Back to the Future. I quite liked him and his product (apparently all made and assembled in England) but I'm not sure what type of backup they would or are capable of giving. Anyone Know.

Volvo XC60 Momentum Pro D4 pulling an Elddis Crusader Mistral

Sorry to hear the guys on the stands at the NEC were so unhelpful. I am not sure, but I believe some companies 'hire in' people to man the stands at some of the shows - could this have been the reason for their unhelpfulness !!

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

Sorry to hear the guys on the stands at the NEC were so unhelpful. I am not sure, but I believe some companies 'hire in' people to man the stands at some of the shows - could this have been the reason for their unhelpfulness !!

Gerry

The chap with the Enduro was, think a general salesman from one of the caravan dealers, the one from Rhyno was the Managing Director. I don't know about the Powrtouch guy

Volvo XC60 Momentum Pro D4 pulling an Elddis Crusader Mistral

When I asked the salesman on the Powrtouch stand a couple of questions about the models he seemed like it was all too much trouble. Then when I mentioned their price match his response for the basic model was ' It's £900, that's it. It's the cheapest at the show. We have people checking and the other makes aren't comparable withy ours anyway. So that's the lowest we are prepared to go.'

I phoned Powrtouch on Monday to ask them if they'd price match Homestead Caravan's advertised price of £599 for the Enduro (+ £99 to extend to a comparable 5 year warranty.) Powrtouch said they would - total powrtouch price £704 for single axle heavy duty including delivery.

Slightly off topic,

But the Powrwheel stand is manned by one guy who is the "Exhibitions Manager" Paul, any one else on the stand is always a "fitter" and fits them for a living. So they provide the backup of years of experience of fitting them to all types of 'van. So any questions Paul cant answer he will refer the customer to one of the others for an answer.

Cant speak for the other manufacturers.

Dave

Dave Baxter

Powerwheel fitter

fitorfix caravan movers

I phoned Powrtouch on Monday to ask them if they'd price match Homestead Caravan's advertised price of £599 for the Enduro (+ £99 to extend to a comparable 5 year warranty.) Powrtouch said they would - total powrtouch price £704 for single axle heavy duty including delivery.

Heavy Duty powrtouch £679 inc 5 year warranty which is standard

Mover

Hyundai Santa Fe

SWIFT Oronsay 570