Idc

FM02MZO

The Caravel is without a doubt the most stable 'van that we have ever had, but over the past few years I have been having eye sight problems and the wife now does 90% of the driving, hence the reason I decided to have IDC fitted, in order to make things as easy as possible for her.

We had the IDC fitted three weeks ago at the factory in Consett it cost £499-00. Since then we have covered 566 miles, of which 162 miles was collecting the van which was empty, and we have since done 404 miles with the van fully loaded. 90% of the mileage covered as been on motorways, when ever possible we always run at the legal speed limit, and not once as the 'van offered to (twitch) or step out of line, and that includes running in the centre carraigeway with HGVs to the left and fast traffic overtaking in the outside lane.

When ever we have taken a break, I have put my fingers through the 'vans wheels to feel the brake drums and they have always felt normal.

The only problem I have found with it, is the very loud noise that the system makes when going through it's self checking routing when connecting the 12s, it sounds more like a car alarm going off and one would not be too popular when connecting up to leave a site in the early hours. say to catch a ferry or similar.

Would I have it again, yes without a doubt.

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.

Hi Terry

I was wanting to have one fitted but when i priced it, i was quoted £1370 for supply and fitting. So it is just a little too expensive for me to have it.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

Hi Terry

I was wanting to have one fitted but when i priced it, i was quoted £1370 for supply and fitting. So it is just a little too expensive for me to have it.

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee, why not take your summer holiday in England and arrange to have it fitted whilst your here. I am sure that The Explorer Group would put you in touch with a dealer who could fit it in a day near to Holyhead, or any other town or city you choose. If you decided on taking it to Explorer in Consett, the Caravan Club have a site in Durham which is less than 30 minutes away.

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.

Hi Lee, why not take your summer holiday in England and arrange to have it fitted whilst your here. I am sure that The Explorer Group would put you in touch with a dealer who could fit it in a day near to Holyhead, or any other town or city you choose. If you decided on taking it to Explorer in Consett, the Caravan Club have a site in Durham which is less than 30 minutes away.

Good idea. I never thought of it to be honest. I'd better get looking at ferry prices now.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

Lee

The quoted retail price for the IDC is £499 fitted, you should not be charged anymore than this.

This price is on our website and within our options price list.

regards

David

Edited by Explorer Group

From 22/05/15 no longer working for Elddis

Lee

The quoted retail price for the IDC is £499 fitted, you should not be charged anymore than this.

This price is on our website and within our options price list.

regards

David

I seen this price on your website on the factory fitted options list, but thought that there would be a premium to have it retrofitted to the caravan. I was thinking about £700ish and was prepared to hear this figure. What was quoted to me was more than double.

i dont want to mention the dealers since they serviced my van to a very high standard and i have no gripe with them.

Thanks for your input though.

Regards

Lee

The Caravel is without a doubt the most stable 'van that we have ever had, but over the past few years I have been having eye sight problems and the wife now does 90% of the driving, hence the reason I decided to have IDC fitted, in order to make things as easy as possible for her.

We had the IDC fitted three weeks ago at the factory in Consett it cost £499-00. Since then we have covered 566 miles, of which 162 miles was collecting the van which was empty, and we have since done 404 miles with the van fully loaded. 90% of the mileage covered as been on motorways, when ever possible we always run at the legal speed limit, and not once as the 'van offered to (twitch) or step out of line, and that includes running in the centre carraigeway with HGVs to the left and fast traffic overtaking in the outside lane.

Hi FM02MZO - was this a retro fit IDC done at the Consett factory and if so did you have long to wait after placing your order?? You may gather I'm finding it impossible to get an IDC fitted while my new van is still at the factory. This after requesting on 5th January.

Regards - R U Sure

Edited by R U Sure

Audi Q5 TDI Quattro - Swift Conqueror 570