Who Went Away For The Last New Years Eve..

I see from the search that there is quite a lot of sites open for New Years eve. Mainly the two main company's. I am looking for this new years eve. Yorkshire sites Harrogate York, or similar. They say the early bird catches the worms lol. ..

I would like to make it special and somewhere were you get together and just enjoy each other company and a beer, maybe fire works and also wanting a family site as we will have rug rats and dogs. Rowntrees looks like a good site near me but is that known for flooding.

Also I see there seems to be a lot of rallies, does that mean most sites are wild camping with no EHU.

If you have just been the last new year Yorkshire or not I would love to hear your views and if you missed home or not.

I go out every year my last outing was in Edinburgh C C, this year I will be at Ferrymeadows C C. I don't think you will be able to go to Rowntree as I am sure it will be fully book by now.

Edited by Guest

We have been away for Hogmanay for the last few years, last year we were at Onich CC site near Glencoe - cold but lovely sunshine all week. The wardens (as I think they do on most sites) organise a get together (take your own drinks) for anyone who wants to attend for a couple of hours.

The year before that we were at Ayr CC site - same arrangement.

For several years before that we went to Grantown on Spey as the town has a Hogmanay party in the square from about 11pm till 2 am, they lay on a Ceilidh band, complete with two young girl fiddlers from Shetland - boy are they good. Take your own drink, everyone dances, usually have a huge "strip the willow" dance right down the street - really good atmosphere and no problems, lots of families (we're probably going back there this year).

Years ago we used to go to Garmisch Partenkirchen in Germany for Christmas and New Year (skiing) - great time, met up with lots of friends on a AFRC campsite, plenty of snow and cold but great.

One thing you won't see on sites is fireworks because of the risk of fire - many local villages will have displays after the bells though - Grantown for example does.

Can't tell you about your part of the country unfortunately but try it - I am sure you won't regret it.

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

Thanks old boy and I thought some may be booked up by now. .. I have only just asked for the holiday off today.

Jan sounds a blast, my hubby used to spend his childhood new years or hogmanay as his family call it. I dont know what you mean by strip the willow though ????

Thanks for your replies x

Thanks old boy and I thought some may be booked up by now. .. I have only just asked for the holiday off today.

Jan sounds a blast, my hubby used to spend his childhood new years or hogmanay as his family call it. I dont know what you mean by strip the willow though ????

Thanks for your replies x

Sorry - Strip the Willow is a scottish dance. Grantown were trying for the world record for the most people dancing it.

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

this new year past was the first one we have spent away in the caravan. we went to the culloden cc site near inverness, and i have to say it is one of the best Hogmanays we have had . the wardens put on a little get together with food and drinks and had the bbq on to give of some heat as it was -9 outside. we wil be going back this year.

We've spent the last 3 New Years Eve in the van.

1) Lickhill Manor - Stourport

2) Lickpenny caravan Park - Matlock

3) Woodland Waters - Ancaster .

Woodland waters was last year and we paid to go into their celebrations and what a fantastic night !!!!

As for missing home, we always have the day after boxing day at home, then leave the following day, that way plenty of time to celebrate Christmas, then pack, clear away the mountains of Christmas toys !! , put the tree away etc. It sometimes feels like a hassle and I always feel sad as it seems to end Christmas early but once you're away it's fab and makes New Year really special. We always take nice food, a mini tree and fairy lights. Great atmosphere wherever we have been :-)

We have started going away for Christmas on a Club site and then onwards to an owners rally for New Year

One of the best things we ever did !

Have fun

Moose

It my birthday on the 27 so i really wanted to book something to look forward to. I have rang two today and they were full, The Ranch and Rowntree. Guess the race is on then.

Hubby swam with dolphins the year before last on his birthday so i don't think i am asking for much getting a bit of mud and fun lol. ..Do the prices go up a great deal on new year or is it just like bankie weekends.

In 2007-2009 we went to Moreton-in-Marsh

In 2008-2009 we went to Sandringham

and this year we are booked for Cirencester.

Great Fun :D

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.

Looking at Knareborough and Beechwood Grange cc at mo anyone been for new year or anythime really. I dont care about the cold but I am a little scared about flooding.

Hi Chrissie,

I have seen part of the Knaresborough site flood but not so much that it affects many pitches. I certainly wouldn't worry about it. Actually I think that we're booked in between Christmas and New Year,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Looking at Knareborough and Beechwood Grange cc at mo anyone been for new year or anythime really. I dont care about the cold but I am a little scared about flooding.

I have been to Beechwood Grange nice site, only 5 minute drive to park and ride to York. you need to start booking now if you are planning to go.

Thanks again for help still bobbing around the net and looking.

Ian you never know then we might gate crash your party lol no carrot juice mind you unless its used as a mixer lol

oldboy going to book this week, was waiting to see if hubby could get time off but saying that he can always drive home early in my car haha.

Thanks again for help still bobbing around the net and looking.

Ian you never know then we might gate crash your party lol no carrot juice mind you unless its used as a mixer lol

oldboy going to book this week, was waiting to see if hubby could get time off but saying that he can always drive home early in my car haha.

Hi Chrissie,

We've never been known to drink much carrot juice around Christmas/New Year time :lol:,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

(Beechwood grange) We were there last new year and had a great time (we're already booked in for 2009)there was no flooding evident on site but it was cold.

'There's a bit of a do' put on by the wardens to see in the new year too, we travelled to Scarboro (along with thousands of others)on New years day and had fish n chips walking along the sea front. Great New Year.

Jeff

Edited by BertieBassett

Why noy go out with your local DA or CC rally? I was out last year with Derbyshire DA and had a great time.

A Fiat Doblo camper and a Lunar Ariva 2019
grace my drive.

Why noy go out with your local DA or CC rally? I was out last year with Derbyshire DA and had a great time.

Not sure what a DA is and didn't even know CC had local rallies. I really must read more about rallies, at first i just thought it was wild camping on a feild but i see now its can be different.

Considering Beechwood Grange for New Year . Just checked site out and noticed they have a shared drive with a farm and they do not allow dogs to be walked or carried along drive . Does any one know if there is a dog walk on or nearby the site as nothing is mentioned . Surely there must also be an alternative way in and out of the site without using said drive with my dog ? Thanks in advance .

Considering Beechwood Grange for New Year . Just checked site out and noticed they have a shared drive with a farm and they do not allow dogs to be walked or carried along drive . Does any one know if there is a dog walk on or nearby the site as nothing is mentioned . Surely there must also be an alternative way in and out of the site without using said drive with my dog ? Thanks in advance .

I thought about this too. ...

Yes the site does have a dog walk, and as far as i am aware, there is no other way into the site. The shared drive is with a horse stud, they do not want their horses spooked by dogs on the driveway. There are lots of people with dogs using the site, never presented us with any problems.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Yes the site does have a dog walk, and as far as i am aware, there is no other way into the site. The shared drive is with a horse stud, they do not want their horses spooked by dogs on the driveway. There are lots of people with dogs using the site, never presented us with any problems.

Phil.

Thank you Phil . The last thing I want to do is to 'spook the horses' . The problem I have is that if it's a shared drive with this being the only access point many a time I do not want to take the car . Does anybody know if there is another way into the site whereas I can enter / exit walking my dog ? ( he's a very friendly quiet Springer Spaniel btw

Thank you . ..... Peter