Compass Corona 505 2007

Guest hellboy

Guest hellboy

had this van for two years now just wondering has anyone ekse got one of these out there and have you had problems with them i should look out for before warranty runs out

Edited by hellboy

had this van for two years now just wondering has anyone ekse got one of these out there and have you had problems with them i should look out for before warreanty runs out

I have a 2007 556. Same build year though different model. I have had loads of problems with water ingress, failed seals and loose doors. The wet lockers are prone to water ingress on this year. If you get it then Explorer will provide a 'lip' under warranty to correct the problem.

Explorer vans do not fair as well as they could do when tested for the CC reliability survey. Having said that, they are lovely vans on the inside, once you get all the issues sorted out.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

Guest hellboy
I have a 2007 556. Same build year though different model. I have had loads of problems with water ingress, failed seals and loose doors. The wet lockers are prone to water ingress on this year. If you get it then Explorer will provide a 'lip' under warranty to correct the problem.

Explorer vans do not fair as well as they could do when tested for the CC reliability survey. Having said that, they are lovely vans on the inside, once you get all the issues sorted out.

Regards

Lee

do you mean from the shower room and what is the lip. ive had water comong out of the shower and all external trims have swelled up being mdf and thanks for the reply

Edited by hellboy

Hi,i think Lee means the external side locker doors (battery etc),my lockers leaked until it was taken in under warranty to have lips/drip guards fitted to the top of the locker door frames to deflect the water away,

Brett

Edited by grasmere59

2012 Freelander SD4 HSE towing a 2007 Elddis Sunstyle GT 482

do you mean from the shower room and what is the lip. ive had water comong out of the shower and all external trims have swelled up being mdf and thanks for the reply

Dont you pull the shower curtain across te door to keep water away from it ?

Dont you pull the shower curtain across te door to keep water away from it ?

I think i know what he means. Our compass has a shower curtain to stop leaks out the door. However around the toilet area is not fully sealed. If you dont pull the shower curtain fully around then the water will flow (in my case) out of the shower room and under the fixed bunks.

This is silly. Explorer could have easily sealed this area with a little silicone and remedied this. i really dont knwo why they did not - it surely has caused problems under warranty????

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5