Buying A Caravan

Beachcomber1995

as a newbie, heres a ? for you professional caravaners. ......... caravan 1994 for sale good conition, kept on a site for 7 years used 2-3 times a year, so only a short tow from storage to pitch, no service history, but looks damp free, and not been on road no chips, scratches, body work very good.

As not much traveling are the bearing shot/ tyres . .......spritly86

You`ll need a full service (bearings, tyres, lights, internal electrics, gas etc), but before you splash out, what are you going tow it with and is it up to the task?

You wouldn`t credit the number of people that buy vans only to find they haven`t got the car to safely do the job, make sure this is OK before going any further.

Edited by angus

[thanks angus for the advice, the caravan is 980 kg gross, and have a volvo v40 1. 8, so no problem as i have been towing a sprite musketeer 900kg, as no service no deal

[thanks angus for the advice, the caravan is 980 kg gross, and have a volvo v40 1. 8, so no problem as i have been towing a sprite musketeer 900kg, as no service no deal

Hi,

I'm with Angus, the 'van would need a service. I don't know about in your area but there are some mobile service engineers about the country,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.