Lost Hitch Lock Key

vickibrockwell

I suppose the best way to begin is to tell us what kind of hitchlock it is, someone may have had experience. I cant help you though, good luck anyway.

Regards
Ian

Perhaps it would be wise for anyone with a solution to pm this to Vicki rather than post a way of unlocking a wheel clamp without a key. ...for all the world to read!

Regards

NRF

Edited by NewRangerFamily

Perhaps it would be wise for anyone with a solution to pm this to Vicki rather than post a way of unlocking a wheel clamp without a key. ...for all the world to read!

Regards

NRF

Good point !

Regards
Ian

hi i have lost my hitchlock key, has anybody had a similar experience and found out how to resolve this?? i know they are made not to be removed as a safety but i am hoping i have got a way out

thanks vicki

Regards

NRF

Hi Vicky,

If you are able to post a picture of the hitch on your caravan that would help us, failing that a description of make and model should suffice. Whilst the "naughty boys" of this world probably already know the answers, those responding should take heed of NRF's comment.

Regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I had my Hitchlock removed in just a few minutes and that was in the dark. Never saw what key they used but I have a pretty good idea. They never did get caught.

I broke my key in the lock - then had to use an angle grinder to get old lock off. What a pain!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion