Radio Fitting To Bailey Pageant

GMC

I would like to fit a radio/CD player to a 2003 Bailey Pageant. By sticking my head in an open locker and pretending to be a contortionist I can see what appears to be suitable wiring in both front corners (but more on the nearside), some of which has been bundled up. Does anyone have experience of radio fitting and, if so, can they identify the cables - and if provided for radio fitting do they include speaker wiring too?

Many thanks for any assistance.

GMC

I´ve fitted a CD player/radio to my 2001 Pageant. I made up a box to hold the unit, using similar sheet to that used in the van. The box is fixed in the lower shelf of the cupboard where the Status unit is fitted. In the corner of the same cupboard, will be found a bunch of wires. Take a supply from the red using a Scotchloc, put in an inline fuse, and connect two wires to it. One is for the switched wire and the other for the permanent memory supply. Do likewise with the white for the negative supply. A fuse isn´t required. To house the speakers, I cut two holes into the front facing either side of the cupboards. Wiring is easily taken to the unit inside the cupboards. On the Status unit, there is a socket ready for the radio reception.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

We have a 2003 Bordeaux, On the 12v fuses there is a dedicated fuse space for Radio. We connected up to that for the radio and like John, cut holes in the front cupboards for the speakers. For the radio fitting, we put it inside one of the front cupboards housing it in what is described as an underdashboard fitting,(available from Halfords (but a couple of pounds cheaper at Motorworld for the identical item). Turned upsidedown, it provides a neat fitting and also protects the radio.

I don't believe that Bailey ran wiring for radio fitting in the 2003 range but stand to be corrected.

Mmmmm this is interesting. Does that mean our new Provence is likely to have the wiring already installed for a radio/cd player in it to the front of the van where the clock is??

We have a 2003 Bordeaux, On the 12v fuses there is a dedicated fuse space for Radio.   We connected up to that for the radio and like John, cut holes in the front cupboards for the speakers.   For the radio fitting, we put it inside one of the front cupboards housing it in what is described as an underdashboard fitting,(available from Halfords (but a couple of pounds cheaper at Motorworld for the identical item).  Turned upsidedown, it provides a neat fitting and also protects the radio.

I don't believe that Bailey ran wiring for radio fitting in the 2003 range but stand to be corrected.

13673[/snapback]

In my previous Bailey, I fittted the speakers inside the cupboards above the font windows. Worked perfectly and saved cutting the visible panels.

Mlamont

Mmmmm this is interesting.   Does that mean our new Provence is likely to have the wiring already installed for a radio/cd player in it to the front of the van where the clock is??

13688[/snapback]

Hi emmajon

The new pag5 series 2004/5 do not have provision for installing a radio. Bailey will not advise the dealers or puchasers of how to install the radio .

We removed the panel containing the clock Cut some timber to the same size and add mounting blocks, then drilled out for the clock and radio holder then recovered the face of the new panel in suitable material, The other prob is the speakers Two options mount the speakers under the corner cupboards MAX diam 4" and very tight fit, construction of internal frame work leave little space . Dont use 3" speakers .

We purchased 6 x 4 " speakers made mounting frames cut the oblong hole. covered them in the same material fixed the speakers, then mounted them in the gap between the cupboards and ceiling .

The elec connection came from the 12 volt lighting circuit ( fused) by removing the plastic trunking, also passed the speaker wires thro the trunking and the ariel cable . connected the ariel cable to the status booster

When the van is part ex in the future the origonal panel will be re fitted

Hope this is clear if not PM me for more details poss photos

Dave

I also asked Bailey for advice, and have pasted it below for the benefit of anyone else who may be thinking of fitting a radio. Thanks again to all those who replied.

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding your Bailey Pageant Imperial, 2003 model.

It is appreciated that you would like to install a radio/cd player, however, the wiring you refer to in the front overhead, locker corners are 12v lighting wiring.

After making enquires, it is suggested to obtain a feed for the installation from a fused, 12v auxiliary socket.

It is normally suggested to have additional fitments, such as this, carried our through either your supplying or local retailer, as should any problems occur through the fitment, you have peace of mind knowing that your warranty will not be affected, however, if you are carrying out this fitment yourself and require further guidance, I have quoted the telephone number for the Manufacturing Engineer, Mr Griffin, who I am sure will assist you further and can be contacted on telephone number 0117 3052947.

I trust this is of assistance.

Kind regards

Maria Sweet

Bailey helpline"

GMC let us know how you get on with the radio.

I have a 2004 Pageant Auvergne and have also been thinking of putting in a radio. .

Regards Bob :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

13800[/snapback]

Hi All

I will photo my radio installation at week end you want a copy PM with your direct e-mail address ( I can not get the attachents to work on this boards PM )

Dave