Is There A Problem With Outdoor Revolution Tech-lite 1?

princejim

I would like to but this awning for use at weekends, web addy http://www. thetentfactory. co. uk/index. php?c=0&p=212 however, one of the caravan sales people said there was a problem with this type of awning. With it only using one pole at the front the roof can fill up with water and which stretches the material. Anyone with this awning and can make a comment. Jim.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

we've used the spacelite - same design - for the past 2 years - water has never sat on the roof - it pools and then runs off.

I take it this sales guy didn't sell them?

no problems -- ours is great ans SO easy to put up -- you do get YELLOW straps which fasten on to special clips -- just in case there is a Hurricane. . :D

but seriously we have had it up in all weathers -- including snow -- yes that did settle a bit -- but soon slid off --easy to pack away even when wet.

One small problem -- we did have one of the fibre poles split -- and had to get one -- but we were sent a complete set when we contacted the manufacturer -- --however you can get them from good camping shops -- just in case. . you need in a hurry.

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

We have one of these awnings and have had no problems with it whatsoever. .its a great porch awning and stood upto the wind/sleet and snow we had last Easter with ease. ..i think providing the awning is put up properly. .there shouldnt be any leaks or any probs of any kind. ...

I have recommended this awning to a few people on the forums and have all been very pleased with it once purchased. ..

Sal :-)

Disco TD5SE JE Engineering stage 2 (198BHP) & 2008 Freestyle 620 with Isabella Commodore Royal

tn_gallery_1122_263_12085.jpg

We bought an Outdoor Revolution New Porchlite Plus at NEC & not unpacked it yet. We are hoping it will be much quicker & easier to put up than our existing, heavy, awning so looking forward to getting out & using it.

Has anyone had any problems, tips, for these? I seem to remember that mention was made that where the poles touch the side of the van can cause problems & that someone recommended using suckers (!)

Would you recommend buying spare poles in anticipation?

PeteR

Formally 'MagentaMan'... with Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 5 seat Auto 2011/Lunar 530 2013 with mover.

We bought an Outdoor Revolution New Porchlite Plus at NEC & not unpacked it yet. We are hoping it will be much quicker & easier to put up than our existing, heavy, awning so looking forward to getting out & using it.

Has anyone had any problems, tips, for these? I seem to remember that mention was made that where the poles touch the side of the van can cause problems & that someone recommended using suckers (!)

Would you recommend buying spare poles in anticipation?

PeteR

the poles fit into little pockets in the material -- and dont actualy touch the van. .

we have No problems --

just keep it pegged out well. .

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

I have one of these (I think lol). We had our first trip with ours last week and it was not pulled tight as our pegs were not very good for the ground, but it was sound. It rained the last morning and there was no build up on ours. I will go and try to find you a picture. It was very easy to put up too even for us novices lol.

I seem to remember that mention was made that where the poles touch the side of the van can cause problems & that someone recommended using suckers (!)

PeteR

I think you will find that the Scenic Plus has the horizontal pole which come to the side of the 'van. I used suckers to protect the side of the 'van when I had a Scenic Plus. I now use the Outdoor Revolution Porchlite which has the horizontal pole termination in a pocket at the awning rail.

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

Bought a techlite on the 2/2 from the tent factory. Came in two days no problem. Yet to use it but has come highly recommended but has it's limitations in stormy weather, I have been told. We bought it for our new pup and very much looking forward to using it in March and Easter. Considering purchasing groundsheet and awning skirt but have existing GS and AS for our existing full awning.

Jim

Edited by JimmyT

Can't remember which model it was, but I was going to buy an outdoor revolution so went along to the nearest dealer. I was stood near the stockroom door whilst he went in to look for something and noticed about half a dozen outdoor revolution awnings bagged up with hand written tickets on them saying something along the lines of "seam ripped".

Needless to say, I got a different brand. .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hellboy
I have one of these (I think lol). We had our first trip with ours last week and it was not pulled tight as our pegs were not very good for the ground, but it was sound. It rained the last morning and there was no build up on ours. I will go and try to find you a picture. It was very easy to put up too even for us novices lol.

what are the yellow straps at the front ive just bought one but didnt see the straps