Autumn In The Camargue

We are thinking of spending a month in the Camargue; does anyone know if caravan sites are open then, particularly for the return journey. Answers need not be site specific, once I know the possibilities I can do the research, although any information will be gratefully received. I know the north of France, and most sites are closed by the end of September.

Regards,

Alan

Senator Wyoming and Grand Cherokee 3. 0 CRD Overland

We are thinking of spending a month in the Camargue; does anyone know if caravan sites are open then, particularly for the return journey. Answers need not be site specific, once I know the possibilities I can do the research, although any information will be gratefully received. I know the north of France, and most sites are closed by the end of September.

Alan

We are in the same position. I have tended to use the Camping Cheque and ACSI Card directories as a guide to sites open past the middle of September. Also the Caravan Club European Guide Vol 1 is also useful as it lists sites with extended opening times. Up until the end of October there is a fair selection.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Thanks David for your prompt and helpful reply; I have just received the Caravan Club European Guide Vol 1 so I can now start to plan.

Just booked using TEF04, £30 each way!!! However, our earlier holiday was through the CC and they are closed today so I can't get a refund.

Regards,

Alan

Senator Wyoming and Grand Cherokee 3. 0 CRD Overland

The C&CC have a list of sites in their European brochure on which they can book stopovers for people traveling later in the year. You can see them if you open the brochure link on this page http://www. campingandcaravanningclub. co. uk/winterholidays I don't think you need to be a member to look but it'll give you an idea of stopovers.

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!

Alan - trust you appreciate the sept/oct weather in the Camargue can be a bit off putting - we went there some years ago for our wedding anniversary in the second week of september - very cold & damp in the evening, dark early, wind blowing a gale so sand blasted on beach and most attractions in the area closed. packed up after 4 days, came home and went to Chatsworth <_< hope you have better luck.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

I can never understand why the French close down their sites so early. Recall going to Ales one October while our daughter was teaching there and nothing even slightly touristy was open, let alone camp sites. Yet the weather was fantastic!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450