Dunnington

Looking at a site next to here and was wondering mainly what the town was like. We have just got my dad a mobile scooter (its black so its a proper batmobile lol ) so it would be great if we could find out how scooter friendly it is. Any info really cos I feel a tour coming on lol x

Looking at a site next to here and was wondering mainly what the town was like. We have just got my dad a mobile scooter (its black so its a proper batmobile lol ) so it would be great if we could find out how scooter friendly it is. Any info really cos I feel a tour coming on lol x

Do you mean Dunnington near York, just off the A1079?

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

Ashfield is a nice little site and from what I recall pretty flat so shouldn't be too much of a struggle, although if I'm honest I don;t recall seeing any wheelchair ramps at the facilities blocks. .. I'm sure if you ring they'll tell you, they seemed really friendly. There are outdoor barbeque areas covered with thatched roofs and a nice small shop in reception.

Dunnington itself is very small, it's just a small village outside York. There's a large gun shop just up the road (York Guns) but it's on a small industrial estate. York itself is about 10 minutes away by car, not sure what the buses are like but what we normally do is drive to the park and ride facilities which offer cheap regular buses into the centre and back out again. One of the nearest P&R's to Dunnington would be the one near to Monks Cross shopping area at a guess. Monks Cross is good with a variety of shops on a level precint, there's also a massive Asda there.

Be careful of the route into Ashfield, the roads are all great and easy to tow on but. ..... When you turn off the main road next to a small car dealership, the narrow lane to the site is literally just yards up that road on the right. I missed it and had to reverse my unit back down the road! Oh, and I think the site have a height barrier so check it's open.

Thanks for the info Mike. I think we would have missed the turn off with out your help lol and he would have hit the barrier too. I emailed the site and they said dads batmobile will (which is blue not black so now called the rolling ***** lol) will be able to get to the pub and they also said club. Not sure about what club they mean. I have not booked it yet as we have to take carrot our van in for the gas leak check two days before we were going.

Thanks for the info Mike. I think we would have missed the turn off with out your help lol and he would have hit the barrier too. I emailed the site and they said dads batmobile will (which is blue not black so now called the rolling ***** lol) will be able to get to the pub and they also said club. Not sure about what club they mean. I have not booked it yet as we have to take carrot our van in for the gas leak check two days before we were going.