"great Days Out"

X-Bob

We recently travelled to Birmingham for the NEC show, and the following day went over to Dudley to visit the Black Country Museum. The break was very enjoyable but I feel I must sing the praises of the Caravan Club because it was such good value!!

First we went to the show on Tuesday which is CC members day and saved £12 on the entry fee.

Second, the little booklet "Great Days Out" provided us with a voucher for entry to the Black Country Museum on a 2 for 1 basis - a saving of £12. 50.

So in just 2 days we have recouped well over half the cost of the membership fee! Previously the "Great Days Out" booklet has arrived by post and I have put it away for safe keeping - and never used it.

So a big thankyou to the club and a reminder to anybody else, like me, who has "forgotten" about the booklet - it really is worth using it.

I really liked the location of the one in Cleethorpes, right by the beach which was dog friendly. We didn't use the club house or the pool area, just used it as a base to park the van for a few days.

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!

We too made good use of 'Great Days Out' to and from NEC - called in at the Denby factory on the way down using the 2 for 1 voucher for the factory tour. On the way home we called at the FREE National Mining Museum in Wakefield - highly recommended for a visit which includes going down to the coal face. Adults and children finding it sensational. Though no cost saving the GDO book had the attraction listed and a handy little map in planning the journeys.

Audi Q5 TDI Quattro - Swift Conqueror 570

If it's free you want then visit London - most museums, galleries and other official places are free as is the London Transport System for kids.

OK many other places do cost and the one place that I would say AVOID is St Paul's Cathedral - there the entry fee is (in my opinion) exorbitant!

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

If it's free you want then visit London - most museums, galleries and other official places are free as is the London Transport System for kids.

OK many other places do cost and the one place that I would say AVOID is St Paul's Cathedral - there the entry fee is (in my opinion) exorbitant!

We had trouble on the underground, at the time our eldest was 14. All the kids were refused entry. This was an isolated incident, we had been using the buses trains and undrground for 2 days, after being told we didn't need tickets for the kids. I don't mind paying, I just wish the transport staff knew what they were doing, everyone I asked had a different answer.

I thought the one day travel cards were excellent value for money.

Regards
Ian

We had trouble on the underground, at the time our eldest was 14. All the kids were refused entry. This was an isolated incident, we had been using the buses trains and undrground for 2 days, after being told we didn't need tickets for the kids. I don't mind paying, I just wish the transport staff knew what they were doing, everyone I asked had a different answer.

I thought the one day travel cards were excellent value for money.

Still a bit confusing BUT see - http://www. tfl. gov. uk/corporate/media/news. ..chive/4798. aspx

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.