Which Club Is Best

peartreehill bob

Hi we are members of the Camping & Caravanning Club at the moment and wonderded if it would be of any benfit joining the Caravan Club as well.

Do you think one is better than the other or do they both have different strengths.

Do many of you belong to both???

Neither of these clubs have many sites over here in Northern Ireland but we do go over to the mainland at least once every year. .

Regards Bob :):)

Hi Bob, As this is our first year of caravanning we decided to join both clubs just to see which one is the best for us, weve stayed at CC sites and they're very clean and well priced but yet to use any C&CC sites.

Booking a site with the CC&C is easier as you can book on line and see if theres any vacancies at different sites, weve booked a couple of weeks for later on in the year and it was much easier than phoning up to see if they got a vacant pitch. although the CC is going along the same lines but havnt got their act together yet

After reading both clubs magazines and sites handbooks it seems to me that the CC has got a slight edge over the CC&C but time will tell

Oscar

We in the CC mainly because the have more CL's in our area that the CCC's CS sites. My parents were members of the CCC and we had looked at their Big Sites Book. Have been very happy with the CC except we don't use their club sites as they are very expensive for a family (no discounts) and tend to appeal to older persons or people with no extras such as children or dogs.

We in the CC mainly because the have more CL's in our area that the CCC's CS sites.   My parents were members of the CCC and we had looked at their Big Sites Book.   Have been very happy with the CC except we don't use their club sites as they are very expensive for a family (no discounts) and tend to appeal to older persons or people with no extras such as children or dogs.

13637[/snapback]

You are going to get a split of opinion because no 2 people want the same. My advice (FWIW) is try out both for a year or two and then either choose one or stay with both.

Neither club charges for children, dogs or awnings. The C&CC has over 55 age concessions.

The subject has been covered before I think and it is really "horses for courses". I personally prefer the Camping & Caravanning Club, but then we are in both to get the coverage.

We have been in the CCC for a few years - some of our friends have tents and so CC not suitable always suitable to take them along with us. We are looking to join the CC this year as well staying members of the CCC. We are hoping it will give us a wider range of choice. It is not particularly expensive to be in both.

Well, I think Navarac, unless I've misunderstood for the past couple of years that in the Peak Season to go to Rowntree Park for two nights, it would cost me

Pitch £8

Adult x 2 £5 = £10

Children x 2 £1. 80 = £3. 60

making £21. 60 x 2 = £42

which is very expensive for a young family. Not having a dog, I didn't realise they didn't charge for them, but was aware they didn't charge for awnings.

Well, I think Navarac, unless I've misunderstood for the past couple of years that in the Peak Season to go to Rowntree Park for two nights, it would cost me

Pitch £8

Adult x 2 £5 = £10

Children x 2 £1. 80 = £3. 60

making £21. 60 x 2 = £42

which is very expensive for a young family.   Not having a dog, I didn't realise they didn't charge for them, but was aware they didn't charge for awnings.

13732[/snapback]

Rowntree Park is CC.

C&CC Sherrif Hutton or Slingsby (near York) high season is

£6. 40 x 2 adult = £12. 80

£2. 00 x 2 children = £4. 00

making £16. 80 daily or £33. 60 for 2 nights

Only a non-member pays a pitch fee (£5 p/n) and children go free in low season.

We have been members of both for years,but now we have both reached the 55 barrier we will be using the CC&C a lot more off peak,quite a significant discount for age concession. The only benefit of getting older so far. :lol::lol::lol:

When I joined the Caravan Club many years ago, It was because they had more 5 van sites (cl & cs) in the areas that we like. Another area where the Caravan Club won was at Clumber park, (it's local for us), we prefer their site to the caravan & camping one.

So if you pick your favourite spot, which club can do you the best service, try them

Next year, if you think that the other one is better for you, give them a try. :D

I have always been happy with the CC, but mainly use the 5 van sites B)

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I think That the Caravan Club seems to have a number of sites or related sites in Southern Ireland. As we live North of the border a trip down South would be quite easy for us and even better if the site was a Caravan Clube site.

Does anyone know if this is correct,do the Caravan Club have sites in Southern Ireland????

Bob :rolleyes:

Hi

we have not been a member in either as yet, we find most information on the internet or occational magazines, and mainly just make a list of what sites takes

our fancy, and telephone them to confirm a booking, as yet we haven't had a problem yet, so don't see the point of joining a club as yet, not that i am calling anyone for being a member but it doesn't seem neccesary for us .

Hi

we have not been a member in either as yet, we find most information on the internet or occational magazines, and mainly just make a list of what sites takes

our fancy, and telephone them to confirm a booking, as yet we haven't had a problem yet, so don't see the point of joining a club as yet, not that i am calling anyone for being a member but it doesn't seem neccesary for us .

13847[/snapback]

The big advantage of being a club member is the availability of CLs/CSs. Allied to this, the monthly magazines, particularly the CC Mag, are very good value compared to the subscription cost of the commercial mags.

Mike

Hi

Like many others, we are members of both clubs. I find CC sites and magazine a cut above CCC, although we use the CCC for breakdown and personal insurance when we journey abroad. We normally book our channel crossing through the CC as they have offered the best deal in the past.

Yossa

We have been members of CC for about 28 years and members of CCC for around 18 years. As others have said, they each have their good and bad points, but we feel we get good value from the membership fees.

We find the reduced fees (for which we are eligible) at CCC sites are very useful, though they have fewer sites than the CC. Also, it's astonishing to us how much the fees charged by the CC club have increased since we joined. We can no longer afford them, so unless we go on a CCC site, we tend to use CLs.

Belong to both.

Never used the C & CC yet and the Magazines not up to much but believev it's more family friendly :P

Personally I like the CC and their CLs <_< <_< no kids to worry about though :blink:

Guest macSpot

We have been a member of both for some time. We use the sites and CL's of both clubs, and are happy with both. Both clubs seem equally as friendly, although the C&CC seem a little easier going.

The C&CC does feel amateurish at times, the magazine is rubbish, but we can't fault the sites and that's what its all about.

MacSpot

Hi we are members of the Camping & Caravanning Club at the moment and wonderded if it would be of any benfit joining the Caravan Club as well.

Do you think one is better than the other or do they both have different strengths.

Do many of you belong to both???

Neither of these clubs have many sites over here in Northern Ireland but we do go over to the mainland at least once every year. .

Regards Bob :)  :)

13604[/snapback]

Depends on what you see as beneficial. If you are looking to pitch up on the cheap then you have to ask the yourself "do i really need to belong to a Club"? I joined the Caravan Club and it can get pretty expensive with the various charges when staying for more than a couple of nights. The smaller CL's are pretty fair value though the few ive been to you can forget about unless equipped with a 4x4.

I regularly go to a privately owned site which is basically just a large field with one water tap, so you have to be fully self-sufficient. The owner charges by the unit and NOT per person. At £4 per night it makes Caravanning/Camping what it always used to be about. ...a cheap holiday for ALL the family.

The CC magazine is very nice and glossy filled with articles on the latest "must haves", overpriced Caravans and towcars. As the commercial advertisers bung a huge chunk into the funds, the so called "road tests" are an absolute joke to read with not one writer daring to upset the Suppliers.

Personally i wouldn't bother to join any Club again. The benefits they offer can easily be found elsewhere, and often cheaper. You just have to do the searching yourself. Good examples of this are Insurance and Ferry Bookings. My advice on that issue is 1) look at what the Club "discount" price is then 2) go direct through other sources and see what you turn up. You will be surprised at how much you can save by actually NOT being in a Club!

Paul

We are members of the CC, for the first time, and have to say they have come up with very good prices for our Summer holiday. They have beaten the Resident rate for getting the car and van off and back to the Isle of Wight, with no time restrictions, and have been able to book every site we wish to use during the 2 weeks we plan on going away, with the total site fees being £171 for 14 nights in total, on 5 sites.

We have dogs, and going by the site above, the 14 nights there would have cost £168 just for the dogs alone!!!!!

*Edit. .the site mentioned in "Its a Dogs Life" thread.

The big advantage of being a club member is the availability of CLs/CSs.   Alied to this, the monthly magazines, particularly the CC Mag, are very good value compared to the subscription cost of the commercial mags.

Mike

13915[/snapback]

I personnally can't see the benifit, the amount of sites listed on web sites like uk campite. co. uk show other peoples feelings about the campsites so helps us decide

which site suits us the most, and we don't subscribe to any magazine we just purchase one every now and again if something in a magazine takes our fancy, on these notes i would have to agree with xploraman,

regards

cb1701

Archived