Rebooked Norfolk Line With Caravan Club

After hear ing of the cheap NL fare I checked out my booking times on the CC website. I had paid £128 in October 2008 for July/August return.

I phoned CC and was told £10 to amend or cancel.

When I tried to cancel and rebook at same times CC operator got old price of £128 but by altering either sailing by 2 hours either way I could get a saving of £50. 00. I opted for altering homeward ferry to 2 hours later and got a saving of £40, ie £50 fare reduction minus £10 amendment fee.

I, also, bought my Red Pennant Plus Travel Insurance. We came in the 41 days bracket so cost £263 (OUCH!!)for the 2 of us minus £5 discount as Mayday members.

Although the CC booking line is open today a chap on UKCS. co. uk website said that the CC refused to make a refund if he amended to the lower fare. I don't know if he was unfortunate or if the CC has caught on to this. Certainly they were very busy when I tried to get through yesterday afternoon. Fortunately I have a "free" calls package and so I just let the extension ring and ring.

For other who've already booked with the CC it might be still worth a try.

I'm very pleased I made a net saving of £40 after the £10 amendment fee.

A FANTASTIC saving.

Tim

Kia Sorento Titan TDI (07) & Bailey Senator Arizona (06-5 Series)with Alko ATC, Powrtouch HD motor mover and Alko shocks

If you get a price from the CC it will be the same price as booking direct with NL. I've checked this several times. The advantage with the CC is you can pay by card without a card fee being charged. The disadvantage is you pay to amend whereas NL do not charge an amendment fee only the difference, if any, in the fares. None of the cross channel operators will refund the difference if the amended fare is lower than the original.

I heard yesterday that there were special NEC offers on Norfolkline. We needed to change our march/june trip booked last september for £88. 50 via the CC as I have broken arm. I rang CC 2 weeks ago to see if we could change it to september/november, but the fare was £164. CC operator said that was high and to wait as there would be better offers.

Checked on Norfolkline yesterday, fare was £68. Went on CC site and got same £68 fare, so rang them to see if we could amend our booking. Operator came up with a fare of £65, plus a £10 amendment fee, so £75. Now booked, and they are sending a £13. 50 refund.

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

• 3 weeks later...
I heard yesterday that there were special NEC offers on Norfolkline. We needed to change our march/june trip booked last september for £88. 50 via the CC as I have broken arm. I rang CC 2 weeks ago to see if we could change it to september/november, but the fare was £164. CC operator said that was high and to wait as there would be better offers.

Checked on Norfolkline yesterday, fare was £68. Went on CC site and got same £68 fare, so rang them to see if we could amend our booking. Operator came up with a fare of £65, plus a £10 amendment fee, so £75. Now booked, and they are sending a £13. 50 refund.

hi. could you tell me how much the ferry fares are on average through the cc club have you got a big car and caravan i am proberly going to use stenna line harwich to the hook for 6 days rangerover and 26ft caravan 3 adaults 2 kids daytime sailing with 2 berth cabin either way quoted £389 getting £110 discount from tesco clubcard vouchers so drops to £279 does this sound good againts the caravan clubs.

yes, we have a big car (4. 798m) and a big caravan (7. 95m), so we always get charged a bit more.

the price will also depend on the time of year, we are going low season (sept/nov)

prices are very variable, way back in 1999 we were paying £120 for a channel crossing in summer. generally you will get a good price from the CC, but the Tesco voucher deals are usually really good too.

we have gone a few times from hull to rotterdam for about £350 (3 adults), but now we are retired we have plenty of time to make the journey part of the holiday and use a cheaper crossing.

you could check the prices with the CC before deciding what to book, you can get a price on-line.

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

Hi Devonshire Boy

I can't comment on that particular ferry as I've never used it. You can check ferry prices with the Caravan Club on their online booking service which will give you prices. In my experience CC gets better prices than booking directly with ferry operators. Norfolk Line prices via CC are usually similar to booking direct with NL but then the NL ferry prices are very low to begin with. When I've checked in the past fare discounts are similar for CC and Camping and Caravan Club.

I'm a big fan of NL excellent prices without any compromise on quality.

Regards

Tim

Kia Sorento Titan TDI (07) & Bailey Senator Arizona (06-5 Series)with Alko ATC, Powrtouch HD motor mover and Alko shocks