Caravaning On Tv

Guest Taid

There's also a half hour program on information tv on sky,think it's fortnightly or monthly on mondays. We've also watched one on men and motors called caravan sights,that was very good but seems to be finished for the moment,think that was shown on a friday.

The Caravan Channel

The Caravan Channel is broadcast on Information TV, Sky channel 166 and Freesat 406,

at 7pm on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday . ..

I don't have satellite TV so I don't know if this is any good or not.

Volvo V70 D4 Estate automatic Swift Challenger SE 580

Guest John KS

It's a documentary about the love affair between the British and their caravans, which saw the country establish the world's largest caravan manaufacturer and transformed the holiday habits of generations of families.

In telling the story of caravanning in Britain from the 1950's through to the present day, the film explores how changes across the years reflect wider changes in British Society, in particular the increased availability of cars during the 1950's and 60's.

Could be interesting!!!

Watch this space. .................................

Have watched the caravan channel on Freesat a couple of times. Very amateurish!!!!!!

Edited by John KS

The Caravan Channel

The Caravan Channel is broadcast on Information TV, Sky channel 166 and Freesat 406,

This is the worst programme I have ever seen, talking about nowt, with loud music, trying to fill

half an hour, absolutely terrible!!

Hi,

I hope that it's a positive programme, or at least well balanced, where there has been research carried out as opposed to an hour of tired cliches which slag us all off,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Guest John KS
Hi,

I hope that it's a positive programme, or at least well balanced, where there has been research carried out as opposed to an hour of tired cliches which slag us all off,

Regards,

Ian.

This is what it is about

It's a documentary about the love affair between the British and their caravans, which saw the country establish the world's largest caravan manaufacturer and transformed the holiday habits of generations of families.

In telling the story of caravanning in Britain from the 1950's through to the present day, the film explores how changes across the years reflect wider changes in British Society, in particular the increased availability of cars during the 1950's and 60's.

Can't see that it will slag us off as you put it. What an awfull phrase!!!!!

Edited by John KS

Can't see that it will slag us off as you put it. What an awfull phrase!!!!!

Hi John,

Sorry to upset you but the phrase is a well used one in the Northern area and I didn't intend, nor did I think, that it would upset anybody,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Guest John KS
Hi John,

Sorry to upset you but the phrase is a well used one in the Northern area and I didn't intend, nor did I think, that it would upset anybody,

Regards,

Ian.

Sorry but it just looks awful in print. Eeh By Gumm !!!!!!!!!

BBC 4 this coming Wednesday, March 25 at 9. 00 pm . . 1 hour

Don't know much about it . . but don't think it is attacking us . . (could be wrong)

Sorry to be picky but this coming Wednesday is February 25th. :rolleyes:

I've been watching a caravan program with some very good locations, staring the booze brothers,

Oz Clarke and James May touring Briton

Paul_B_004.jpg

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Sorry to be picky but this coming Wednesday is February 25th. :rolleyes:

oops . . sorry . . mea culpa . .

thanks for the correction . . ain't got enough life left to chop bits out

This is the worst programme I have ever seen, talking about nowt, with loud music, trying to fill

half an hour, absolutely terrible!!

I do agree that it is a bit amateurish but to me that is the beauty of it and I do like the idea of it being presented by an actual caravanner, Chris Gosling, that can sympathise with our needs and problems. He is one of the few caravan program presenters that laughs with us and not at us !

It is supported by a website that has a forum which is no where near as prolific as this one and some helpful video clips of campsites. The site reviews are completely independent and not, as usual, sponsored by local authorities or caravan clubs.

I also find them reasonably topical and they were quick on the news of both Avondale and Fleetwood although it was clear that they were limited to what they could report.

I also enjoyed the trips round the Swift factory, which I had already been to and the Bailey factory.

Bill

Won't see the programme as we don't get those channels . .. but great to see a mention for Scottish Caravanner in the quote above . .. the best caravan mag bar none! :D

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

I recorded the sky ch 166 program. What a waste of half an hour of my life. Got really interested when the channel tunnel was mentioned. It's quick and easy to book in he said. it's relatively easy to drive on to the train with your caravan - he said! Only one problem, he seemed to have forgot his bloody caravan!!!! <_<

Nothing learned there then. Oh and the flippin' music :wacko:

LANDY DISCO TD5(2003)

ADRIA ADORA 532 UK(2005)

The Caravan Channel

You can watch it live on The Caravan Channel website if you don't have satellite.

It's on all forms of UK satellite; Sky, Freesat and Free To Air by the way.

Quite often an interesting programme but does carry a lot of repeated segments, particularly in the winter.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden