Connecting A Gas Bbq

hgrees

Hope this isn't a stupid question but I'm new to all this!.

I have an external Gas BBQ point fitted to the caravan, we have ordered a Cadac gas BBQ which doesn't come with any pipework or regulator.

Could someone please explain how a gas BBQ connects to this external point. What parts are required and how long the hose should be etc.

Many thanks

Huw

Hope this isn't a stupid question but I'm new to all this!.

I have an external Gas BBQ point fitted to the caravan, we have ordered a Cadac gas BBQ which doesn't come with any pipework or regulator.

Could someone please explain how a gas BBQ connects to this external point. What parts are required and how long the hose should be etc.

Many thanks

Huw

13583[/snapback]

Pipework as long as deemed necessary (an old arguing point this) and there is a brass push-on connector generally. Don't forget to turn the tap on and off (generally in the front locker if gas point is at the front).

The length of any hose could well have to be dictated by the position of the gas point. Some caravan designers have stupidly (polite word for it) placed them on the awning side. Needless to say, DO NOT USE A GAS BBQ IN AN AWNING. (Sorry for shouting about that!)

Thanks for the reply, where do you get the push on gas fittings from?

13593[/snapback]

Our Bailey Senator Oklahoma came with a brass fitting which was a push-fit in the external BBQ fitting. I had to wrap insulating tape round the end before inserting it in the hose and tightening a hoseclip. I was assured that was OK as it is low pressure gas by that time. Worked so far!

Mlamont

Thanks for the reply, where do you get the push on gas fittings from?

13593[/snapback]

Most caravan accessory shops will have the small (very small and 'loseable'!) fitting, but you may have to ask for it. It is best fitted to the length of low pressure hose you need and held with a 'jubilee' clip or similar to avoid losing the blooming thing!

When you turn of the tap in the locker (or wherever), the gas is cut off until the fitting is inserted, so don't worry too much about keep turning it off when you disconnect (but turn off at the end of the 'break' though!).

Martin W

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

Guest john1215

I don't use the external socket. We have a separate 3. 9 kg propane bottle that I keep for the Cadac, you can put it where you want and the hose doesn't need to be more than a metre or so long.

john1215

• 3 weeks later...