York

Where you going ?

hi mr carrot we are going to rowntree park been a few times ita a cc site very nice only 10 mins walk into town dont need to use car when i am there every thing is in walking distince

AUDI A5 SPORTBACK COACHMAN AMARA + NISSAN 350 Z

Just got back today ( Saturday) had a great time at this site and as it was the first time ever been to York, the only slightly down side were the gent showers were not as clean as some other CC sites and not all of them had lovely hot water. Other than that we had a great time.

Just some further sites near York that might interest you. ..

Goosewood - Just north of York, it's a "best of British" site and is fantastic.

Naburn Lock - about 10 minutes south of York but there's the option of an hour long river crusie into York from right next to the site.

Ashfield - East of York by about 10 minutes, small but nice and friendly.

All have websites. ..

And another good one with a bus stop right outside the gate --- http://www. yorkcaravanpark. com/ just a few minutes into town and frequent service.

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

We were at the York site just after the heavy rain last summer, the staff did a brilliant job getting it usable after it had been under about 2 foot water. There was a strong smell of rotting vegetation as the site hadn't quite dried out but the facilities were spotless.

My only complaint was that some small motorhomes were taking up the larger pitches and caravans couldn't put up their awnings and park cars on the small pitches left. Pitches are not allocated on arrival so its stay where you like,but its sad when someone is struggling on a small pitch when half of another is unused.

(I've nothing against motorhomes by the way and my pitch was big enough for my needs)

Having said that, the site is well worth using and there is so much to see and do in York.

Jeff

Edited by BertieBassett

hi mr carrot we are going to rowntree park been a few times ita a cc site very nice only 10 mins walk into town dont need to use car when i am there every thing is in walking distince

We've just come back from Rowntree Park and generally had a nice time. However, I know what people mean when they refer to the 'clique' there. When we arrived we were given a sheet of paper highlighting the only pitches we were allowed to use - which certainly weren't the nicest. After one lap of the site we found that they were all occupied anyway (bit strange this - usually when wardens do this on arrival it is to indicate which pitches are available). With that, I started to pitch up on another pitch but the wife went to double check we were okay to go on it. The wardens said 'no' as these were being reserved for people who had awnings (again this was strange as they never asked us if we had an awning). Anyway, later that day caravans pitched up on these other, 'better' spare pitches and guess what - not one of them had an awning. We were asked to pitch our van at the very back of the site (not too far from the back gate). I got the feeling the good pitches were being saved for regulars or friends of the wardens. We liked the proximity to the city but next time will likely go to Beechwood Grange which I think is a much nicer site.

Edited by Wirral Tourer

Just got back today ( Saturday) had a great time at this site and as it was the first time ever been to York, the only slightly down side were the gent showers were not as clean as some other CC sites and not all of them had lovely hot water. Other than that we had a great time.

i am on the site now every thing is ok clean hot showers and staff are very nice and chaty they are different from last Time we came we have booked again

Edited by carmitage

AUDI A5 SPORTBACK COACHMAN AMARA + NISSAN 350 Z