Source For F&s Mcb's

A mate of mine is trying to source a minature circuit breaker for his van.

The spec on it is: F&S, C45N, C16, 415V, IEC898, 6KA.

Any one know where these can be sourced please?

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

I assume it must be a Bailey. I had problems with these breakers in my last caravan and I hunted high and low for one without success. Eventually I got it from Bailey.

Brian

Thanks Brian,

I think it is an Elddis.

A mate of mine is trying to source a minature circuit breaker for his van.

The spec on it is: F&S, C45N, C16, 415V, IEC898, 6KA.

Any one know where these can be sourced please?

F & S are chinese imports. A German website is trying to offload several thousand. The fitting should be standard so you can obtain a replacement at any electrical outlet. Try B & Q they carry a good range of branded items. Link here, third item down B & Q mcb

Edited by beejay

Cheers bejay,

I did go with him to B&Q and did see these.

The one he has is about twice the width but that might not be important as long as the rating is right.

Think that it clips onto a steel rail within the box and it has a retractable clip underneath to get it on and off.

The B&Q ones were this design so maybe the across rail dimension will be the same.

Will check.

Cheers bejay,

I did go with him to B&Q and did see these.

The one he has is about twice the width but that might not be important as long as the rating is right.

Think that it clips onto a steel rail within the box and it has a retractable clip underneath to get it on and off.

The B&Q ones were this design so maybe the across rail dimension will be the same.

Will check.

If it's twice the width it is a double pole, two module, unit. B & Q do not sell them AFAIK. They do sell a double pole, single module, unit which will do the same job but it's only half as wide as the original butstill fits the mounting rail. Alternatively, if the original is two units clipped or pinned together buy two single units and link the switch bars together.

Hi bejay and Brecon.

The unit is one double width with a wide switch i. e. not two ajoined.

Under the circs, we might whisk it to one of our local electrical contractors supply wholesalers and get there ideas on it.

Thanks again.

Sounds like a 16A breaker but if it says 415 Volts then it is a triple 3 phase MCB with the central on/off bar covering three individual sections, not two.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Sounds like a 16A breaker but if it says 415 Volts then it is a triple 3 phase MCB with the central on/off bar covering three individual sections, not two.

I don't think so but it is easy to check what the OP has as a single module is 17. 5mm wide.

I have 12 spare MCBs (Hager, GEC, Legrand etc) of various amperage, some are marked 220v*, some are marked 220/415 volt and some are marked 415 volt. All are domestic units from caravans. I replace the original double pole/double module MCBs with double pole/single module units as this allows me to wire extra sockets on their own dedicated MCBs within the original consumer unit

Link here to Legrand, note the voltage marking on the MCB. Legrand MCB

* My van is German and the MCBs are bought in France hence 220v not 230v

Edited by beejay