Freelander Towing

colinj09

This is a double edged request.

Does anybody have any experience of towing an outfit of MTPLM 1425 Kg with a TD4? I am slightly bothered about restarts on very steep hills, given that the F is a bit sluggish in first gear.

Secondly, at the NEC, a very persuasive gentleman wanted to sell me his WOW engine mapping system. This obviously aids preformance in the solo car, but does anybody know if it will give me more towing 'poke.'

This is a double edged request.

Does anybody have any experience of towing an outfit of MTPLM 1425 Kg with a TD4? I am slightly bothered about restarts on very steep hills, given that the F is a bit sluggish in first gear.

Secondly, at the NEC, a very persuasive gentleman wanted to sell me his WOW engine mapping system. This obviously aids preformance in the solo car, but does anybody know if it will give me more towing 'poke.'

Hi we tow a Bailey Virginia with a mtpl of 1495kg with a TD4 and have had no problems with towing but as you say the TD4 is a bit sluggish on acceleration. I bought a great piece of kit to boost the output of the rover off the internet and it made a fantastic difference. PM me if you would like further details / Info

Dave

Edited by dave11a

Can you clarify whether you are asking about FL1 or FL2?

As the owner of a Freelander2 which tows 1450kg as though its not there then I must assume that this comment relates to the Freelander1 with the BMW based engine.

My Freelander2 with its 2. 2 engine is brilliant, whether solo or towing.

As the owner of a Freelander2 which tows 1450kg as though its not there then I must assume that this comment relates to the Freelander1 with the BMW based engine.

My Freelander2 with its 2. 2 engine is brilliant, whether solo or towing.

And mine fantastic motor.