Swift Conqueror 480

Martin63

Hi All

I'm now joining the merry Swift Group Clan from 28th February. Having had several new Baileys in a row (and being very happy with them) along with the current disaster 'van which I can't wait to see the back of, I could use your help.

I'm collecting a brand new Conqueror 480 on that date and after my recent problems with the 'van I collected just last weekend (long story - it was a different make too!), I have been invited to fine toothcomb the 'van before it is even PDI'd by the Dealer and prior to having the mover swapped over.

Anyone had any particular problems on their 08 or 09 Conqueror that I should be looking out for?

Grateful for your help and thanks in advance.

Martin ;)

2011 S Max Titanium Powershift

2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive

2011 Swift Conqueror 570 Special Equipment

'If I'd Been Born Thirty Years Later They Would Call It ADHD'

Hi All

I'm now joining the merry Swift Group Clan from 28th February. Having had several new Baileys in a row (and being very happy with them) along with the current disaster 'van which I can't wait to see the back of, I could use your help.

I'm collecting a brand new Conqueror 480 on that date and after my recent problems with the 'van I collected just last weekend (long story - it was a different make too!), I have been invited to fine toothcomb the 'van before it is even PDI'd by the Dealer and prior to having the mover swapped over.

Anyone had any particular problems on their 08 or 09 Conqueror that I should be looking out for?

Martin ;)

Hi Martin I took delivery of mine last October and have only been out in it once since. I have had a problem with the front middle window where they rubbed together but I have a new one at the dealers ready to fit. The only other problems I had were snagging problems, the kitchen window wouldnt stay open, the middle window blind keeps coming out of its runner, one of the drawers opposite the kitchen opens when in transit, and the battery locker lock broke, all these faults will be done when I have the front window replaced, other than that its tows very well I have a Mondeo 2. 0TDCi 130BHP and i find it very stable I was going to fit shocks to it but i will leave it for now. We liked the Bailey Monarch but the thing that swayed us was for only £500 more the amount of extras we got with the 480 and a good deal from the dealer. I hope you enjoy yours.

Hi All

Martin ;)

Forgot to add that I have just had a powertch mover fitted which was fitted expertly a very neat job and moves the van a treat. B)

Martin, despite teasing us so much during the week I admired the way you handled your problems and didn't moan about dealers and manufacturers but did something to sort things out to your satisfaction. A model to emulate!

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!

Martin, despite teasing us so much during the week I admired the way you handled your problems and didn't moan about dealers and manufacturers but did something to sort things out to your satisfaction. A model to emulate!

Awwww Shucks! Thanks jaymac! ;)

Hi Martin I took delivery of mine last October and have only been out in it once since. I have had a problem with the front middle window where they rubbed together but I have a new one at the dealers ready to fit. The only other problems I had were snagging problems, the kitchen window wouldnt stay open, the middle window blind keeps coming out of its runner, one of the drawers opposite the kitchen opens when in transit, and the battery locker lock broke, all these faults will be done when I have the front window replaced, other than that its tows very well I have a Mondeo 2. 0TDCi 130BHP and i find it very stable I was going to fit shocks to it but i will leave it for now. We liked the Bailey Monarch but the thing that swayed us was for only £500 more the amount of extras we got with the 480 and a good deal from the dealer. I hope you enjoy yours.

Thanks Maddog - much appreciated - looking forward to the 28th Feb!

Martin

Those silver sides will match your silver hair big bruv . ... other than that can't think of anything . .. oh apart from that missing omnivent!

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

No omnivent??? Really???

You'd better check they're going to be installing one for you, big brother - how can you be a Barking without an omnivent??? :lol:

Especially with his wind problem . ... hee hee :D

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

Hi Martin

We took delivery of a 2008 Conqueror 540 12 months ago

Problems we had were:

A stiff then failing door lock.

Overhead locker door fouling side panelling.

Phantom / Sargent alarm connection.

One roadlight not working ( again poor connection )

Peizo igniter to gas fire not working correctly.

The centre front window problem has already been mentioned and some have had shower and pump problems on certain models ( see forum threads ).

The TV supplied was very poor quality

The additional wrap around seating ( optional extra ) took over 6 months to arrive.

Apart from that OK

Fitted shock absorbers myself which did improve towing stability. ( assume standard now on 2009 models )

Also transferred mover from previous van OK.

Yours appears to be a 2009 model so I am sure Swift will have ironed out these problems by now.

Have a good season.

Woody3

2008 Swift Conqueror 540

Kia Sportage XS 2. 7 with LPG conversion.

Hi Martin

We took delivery of a 2008 Conqueror 540 12 months ago

Problems we had were:

A stiff then failing door lock.

Overhead locker door fouling side panelling.

Phantom / Sargent alarm connection.

One roadlight not working ( again poor connection )

Peizo igniter to gas fire not working correctly.

The centre front window problem has already been mentioned and some have had shower and pump problems on certain models ( see forum threads ).

The TV supplied was very poor quality

The additional wrap around seating ( optional extra ) took over 6 months to arrive.

Apart from that OK

Fitted shock absorbers myself which did improve towing stability. ( assume standard now on 2009 models )

Also transferred mover from previous van OK.

Yours appears to be a 2009 model so I am sure Swift will have ironed out these problems by now.

Have a good season.

Thanks Woody. I shall be checking the 'van with a fine toothcomb on Thursday when I view it before it's PDI ready for delivery on Saturday.

Have a good year.

Martin

Even I've got an omnivent. A pal of mine bought a Conqueror and had dreadful problems with the phantom. Just kept on going off! Had to switch it off.

Edited by gforce

Nurses make it better

Barking Baby Sis

I see the Barking family have picked up on the Omnivent or rather the lack of it on 2009 Swifts!

No need to fret people - the Dealers are putting one of the new clear omnivents in prior to delivery as part of the deal.

Martin ;)

Well, at least we shall rest easier in our beds tonight, dear brother, knowing you won't be gassed in your own fumes (well, according to littlest brother, that is!) :P

More probably he doesn't want us to have a bit of kit that he doesn't . .. green cheese springs to mind ;)

Even I've got an omnivent. A pal of mine bought a Conqueror and had dreadful problems with the phantom. Just kept on going off! Had to switch it off.

Re Phantom / Sargent Alarm

Get your pal to ring Karl Hulse at Sargent Electrical Services the alarm supplier.

Tel is 01482 678987. He is very helpful.

After over 9 months of malfunctioning the alarm engineer by-passed the flimsy connector that links the alarm box to the Phantom transmitter and soldered a "hard wired " connection on my 2008 Conqueror 540.

I have not had a problem since.

Check out forum thread on this. ..type alarm in search box.

Woody3

Woody3

2008 Swift Conqueror 540

Kia Sportage XS 2. 7 with LPG conversion.