Its Official I Am Now A Tourer...

Mr Carrot

Hi di hi campers. .or is that cock a doodle doo(no hens next time)...well its official we are now with the majority of this forum and declare ourself TOURERS lol. I think things went more smoothly with having great tips and knowledge from the help of you guys/girls. There was no panic feelings and what I thought would be stress full was more enjoyable. So thank you all. .great reading great help and a great first tour x

I was not sure if I would want to sell Mr Carrot our Bailey Oklahoma after the first tour but now I must admit he really is a super van. The day started with me and hubby discussing about what we would split after the divorce. ...I have since found out this is the normal ritual before a tour and part of the deal lol. I refused to help then only getting my things ready stating for 12 years abroad he never helped. ..OOOh I was a lady dog shame on me. .

We arrive and its full of mud, nice guy says he's just laid some stuff down as previous owners were not very good at driving. I say its OK we wont churn it we will move it with the motor mover. (caravan talk tip haha sounded good though).

Mark puts the porch awning up side down first, have proof on camcorder. Chickens run in the van so he then drops it in the mud much to everyone's amusement. Bless feel really cruel now but must admit awning looks more like a large used carrier bag when its finally up lol. I am told the pegs wont go in and bend. This is the start of things to remember next time list. Which my hubby repeated numerous times the next 2 days. Nothing that we couldn't live with out but the kids shoes would have been handy lol.

Our son is then told how to pick a hen up and proceeds the next few days terrorizing them. Infact he was like a old pit horse finally put out to graze. You could tell he was a city boy and very new to the country life. It was really funny when you produce some bread and the chicken came from nowhere into a full chicken run. They run abit like my sister. They also had sheep dogs in out side cages which i don't really like because I am a city girl I think. Anyhow its the norm I hear for some farm dogs and they were saved from death row and looked after well as the story went so it sort of had a plus side.

Mr carrot our van preformed beautifully and nothing went wrong, the telly had the best picture it had ever had. We just took a old kids one from the loft. Nearly as clear as my Hd panny at home lol. I did get a bit of a falling feeling because the van kept sinking a little. We must read up more on this, but the ground was fresh laid black stuff. My hubby said it was old road but I thought it looked like coal. There was some girls who walked from the shower block wet in towels. I had only just taken my coat off and was sat in full heat with a fleece on. Once again the city girl in me is not weathered yet lol. I Loved the fresh air, whooped everybody at monopoly and even though it was muddy I didn't care. I saw my first robin in ages and decided after all not to get a divorce.

I am now on the hunt for our next tour. I will be taking our dogs then and maybe my dad depending on the weather. I wont be going back to Spen house. I liked it but there is so much more to explore. I will now try and post some picks x

Hi Chrissie,

I'm glad you enjoyed youselves. ..it's good this caravanning lark isn't it?

A further tip, when caravanning in winter, it may be worth cnsidering sites with hardstandings then mud shouldn't be an issue :D,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Sounds as if you had a geat time. There's always a little falling out (and sometimes a few choice words), usually when the awning is being put up!

Hope you have many more happy adventures - we write our comments in a binder of each adventure, e. g. Site name, location, dates, facilities, surrounding area - and most importantly the tick box at the end - would we go back again. It helps jog your memory and note what you really look for in a site. :rolleyes:

Have fun!

Angelothenorth

2008 Swift Challenger 560

2008 Vauxhall Vectra

Thanks Ian it was hard standing I just forgot to ask what with hahaha. .not to worry and thanks for your number and been there for us incase x

Angelofthenorth I have to laugh at your little binder as that is also on my hubbys list of things to bring next time. .lol I think it will help others too, great idea x

Thanks Ian it was hard standing I just forgot to ask what with hahaha. .not to worry and thanks for your number and been there for us incase x

Angelofthenorth I have to laugh at your little binder as that is also on my hubbys list of things to bring next time. .lol I think it will help others too, great idea x

I know, my little binder is quite sad, I even made a form on my computer I print off so I can complete for each site (even sadder) - usually we fill in the comments section with tongue in cheek comments. ...... How easily we can amuse ourselves :D:blink::D:blink:

Angelothenorth

2008 Vauxhall Vectra

I know, my little binder is quite sad, I even made a form on my computer I print off so I can complete for each site (even sadder) - usually we fill in the comments section with tongue in cheek comments. ...... How easily we can amuse ourselves :D:blink::D:blink:

I think its brill and would love to read it. ..My daughter askes all the time for us to take us to the Angel of the north so you can help us pick one near you. That is if i ever take her again as she was a total pain in the butt lol.

Afraid we now live in Suffolk, so Newcastle sites are not known to us, parents still live in Durham so we don't need to take the van. A lovely part of the world though.

PS I've sent you a template which might be of use. ..............

Edited by Angelothenorth

Angelothenorth

2008 Vauxhall Vectra

All very excellent and. ............................. it will get better. :lol:

You are hooked forever, welcome to the clan of those who talk and live caravans. SuperMike's ever so favourite SuperSubject. :wacko: :blink::blush:

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.

Chrissie, I've been following your caravan adventure from the beginniing. I'm glad your first outing was a success nd Angel, how about posting a copy of your template for the rest of us too.

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!

Congratulations on a successful first trip! Livestock sounds interesting!

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

Chrissie, I've been following your caravan adventure from the beginniing. I'm glad your first outing was a success nd Angel, how about posting a copy of your template for the rest of us too.

Hi Jaymac

Oh dear, it's very basic :blush:, but you are welcome to a copy, perhaps a starting point if you fancy using something like this. Hope the attachment works?

Edited by Angelothenorth

Angelothenorth

2008 Vauxhall Vectra

Chrissie,

So, so, so, so glad the first trip went well, it's usually the make or break outing! so glad for you that it's a make one!

So you didn't come to blows then? & no shouting or slanging matches either? good on yer girl! but. ....just to remind you of the Marquis of Queensbury's rules. .....

No biting,

No scratching,

No kicking

us "seasoned vanners" want to watch a good clean fight! no better amusement than watching novices put up the awning for the first time!

GeorgeB Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

When I said I was normal. .....maybe I exaggerated somewhat!

Skoda Superb MK3 190ps DSG 4X4 estate closely followed by a Swift Challenger 580 Alde

Many thanks Angel. Going by the number who've downloaded your template I'm not the only one who was interested!

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!