Sky Repairs ?

Where can I get our Pace Javelin repaired ?

It has developed a fault where it's not putting out the required voltage to the LNB

I can find some equally expensive replacements but our little Pace has been a sterling performer until this week

TIA

Moose

It has developed a fault where it's not putting out the required voltage to the LNB

I can find some equally expensive replacements but our little Pace has been a sterling performer until this week

TIA

Moose

I don't suppose its one of the ones being replaced free of charge by Sky.

http://news. bbc. co. uk/newsbeat/hi/technolo. ..7894752. stm?lss

Brian

TIA

Moose

Have you looked on eBay Link you will get a replacement box for less than you will pay for a repair.

GPS

TIA

Moose

Try this link Satcure

Have you looked on eBay Link you will get a replacement box for less than you will pay for a repair.

GPS

Not likely with a Pace Javelin They are like gold dust. Repairing your own is the best bet.

Not likely with a Pace Javelin They are like gold dust. Repairing your own is the best bet.

There's three on eBay at the moment, two of them about 75 quid buy-it-now. It could cost that for a repair, IF it can be repaired.

I got mine off eBay a year ago and hardly ever use it now since I take the one from home with us. I might consider selling it.

Carry On Camping!

Legsmaniac's World -my own personal web space with campsite reviews - http://www. legsmaniac. org. uk

I have a Panasonic which was originally in the house until I upgraded to Sky+ 3 years ago, it is 7-8 years old and is still going strong in the caravan.

So why is a Pace Javelin (sounds like a vintage aircraft to me) box so special, does it do something my Panasonic box doesn't?

GPS

Searched the tinterweb and found a couple of repairers:-

Digirepairs

UK Satellite TV

I have a Panasonic which was originally in the house until I upgraded to Sky+ 3 years ago, it is 7-8 years old and is still going strong in the caravan.

So why is a Pace Javelin (sounds like a vintage aircraft to me) box so special, does it do something my Panasonic box doesn't?

GPS

Searched the tinterweb and found a couple of repairers:-

Digirepairs

UK Satellite TV

Hi Steve,

I think that they're pretty reliable and one of the best boxes as they tend not to suffer from various ailments, such as freezing, like some others,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

I don't carry a TV so, when I read the title for this thread "Sky Repairs?" I thought we had gone all green and were going to solve the holes above the north and south poles :lol: guess will have to rely on the politicians.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

The other good thing about the javelin is it is a 12 volt feed. .and it is very small. .

Edited by rugrat2

Neil. .

Ford Mondeo Titanium x Auto Estate / Bailey Pagent burgundy series 7

Hi - I purchase mine from these people who also have a repair service.

http://www. uk-satellite-tv. co. uk/repairs_306630. html

Alan

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

TIA

Moose

Moose if your handy with a soldering iron or know someone who is CPC (part of Farnel) do a repair kit

Pace Repair Kits

They are based in Preston

Hyundai Santa Fe

SWIFT Oronsay 570

Interesting site but they don't do a repair kit for the Pace Javelin though.

I am sure the Pace 2500 /2600 uses similar components . They wouldn't list it as a javelin

These are common faults with these boxes

I will check the catalogue when back at work tomorow

They are helpful on the phone as well

Hyundai Santa Fe

SWIFT Oronsay 570

Moose did you try Satcure. They will be able to advise probably better than anyone.

Always first on the list ;)

Just waiting for their email

I don't carry a TV so, when I read the title for this thread "Sky Repairs?" I thought we had gone all green and were going to solve the holes above the north and south poles :lol: guess will have to rely on the politicians.

Me too!! I had to open this topic as I've seen some beauty's on here before. lol :P

How did you arrive at your fault diagnosis ?

ultimately putting a meter onto the output at the receiver - when the sat finder didn't light up at the dish end originally I started swapping out every available component

when working correctly a sat receiver should put out an alternating voltage above 12v, mine currently puts out 0 / 0. 5 v :(