Cl Or Not

jazz006

we are looking to book our summer holidays soon and are thinking about using a cc cl. we have never used a cl before (only main sites). my question is what are your thougts on using a cl compared to a regular site. we are 2 adults 2 kids (8 and 12) and a dog.

thanks

We choose CLs in preference to club sites whenever we can as they're quieter and more spacious (if you avoid the 1/4 acre ones).

There is a "difficulty" with CLs in that you can never be sure what it'll be like - the CC Sites Directory list facilities but doesn't give descriptions - I use price, compared to other CLs in the same area and choose mid-price CLs, typically £8-10 including hookup but popular areas like Norfolk coast are simply more expensive.

we are looking to book our summer holidays soon and are thinking about using a cc cl. we have never used a cl before (only main sites). my question is what are your thougts on using a cl compared to a regular site. we are 2 adults 2 kids (8 and 12) and a dog.

thanks

Depends a lot on the CL, but I don't think our kids (10 & 12) would be overly impressed if we stayed on a CL for two weeks and I don't think its fair on them. Even if it had a pool. They need other kids of a similar age. However, we do stay on plenty of CLs for a week at a time.

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

We only use small sites and CL's etc and rallies nowadays.

When we were younger and took the kids with us we used to use CC and C&CC holiday rallies because that is all that we could afford and there were, during the school holiday periods, more other kids for ours to meet.

Some of the C & CC holiday rallies in my area of Norfolk are open for a month or so making planning quite easy.

Bill

We haven't used a 'proper' site for years now, until this year, as we have booked a CC Club Site in Cornwall, as all the CL's we tried were fully booked and had been for a while.

Our children are now 13 and 16 and it's never been a problem using CL's with them as we use our time together to be a family, something which doesn't happen so much at home with their hectic social lives :D . We use our caravan as a base for sleeping in and go out for days doing things like cycling, walking, visiting attractions. Our view has been that on a CL we don't pay for facilties we don't use such as swimming pools etc, and if we want to, we will find an external one. The money we save by not using commercial sites, is used towards meals out, theme parks, and other things. We have never been lovers of all singing/dancing sites anyway, and if we should want a drink/meal, then will go and explore the area to find something nice.

As for other children on sites, generally not been a problem, but our eldest did comment about farmer's fields recently, but to be honest, he doesn't come with us all the time now - just the main holidays really. The CL sites we choose, usually do have other children on them, especially farms as the farms usually have some children themselves.

Go for it - we've never looked back in around 8 years now. One tip - I generally look for CL's with a website and/or look on Google earth to see the surrounding area. There are some littles gems out there and having been to loads, pick an area and will see if I can recommend anything. Have only ever been to two bad ones, 1 still in the book, 1 no longer a CL.

Good luck

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

Hi,

A decent website for CLs is www. 5van. co. uk as you can identify what facilities you require so that you're not trawling through lots of sites,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Why not try a couple of CL's in your own area for weekends between now and the summer holidays, to get the feel of them? If they're not for you, you won't have wasted 2 weeks of your summer wishing you were somewhere else, and if you do enjoy them, you might manage to fit in a few more enjoyable breaks before the summer.

Mary

2003 Autotrail 635SE Mercedes Sprinter, 2011 Hyundai i10

'Life is too short to stuff a mushroom.'

If you are in the C&CC, the CSs listed in the BSB usually have a description and any strongly recommended by members are starred.

We love CLs but you do take a chance on a first time on-spec visit. Why not ask users of this forum about specific sites? Chances are that someone will have been.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

thank you all for your thoughts. has anyone been to low hall farm cl?

Whereabouts is that?

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde