N.e.c. Show

Scales

Hi

I went to the show today and got a bargain - A 13 pin Jaegar europlug for £1. 80

Thought it was too good to be true. Checking the receipt I'd been charged for a 12n plug.

Taking into consideration the 250 mile round trip, ticket prices and meals out I actually didn't do very well at all!

Scales

I dunno if it was a bargain, but. ........i got one of those WashMatik cleaning systems, the one with a brush and the tube in a Bucket. ......you move the brush up and down to get the water up the tube :rolleyes: . .....£20 http://www. selkin. co. uk/index. php/cleaning/washmatik and thats with the extension tube, Supaspray, Aqua Blade and Supa Chammy thrown in. ...spot the bloke on a site near you cleaning his 'van. ....could be me :lol::lol:

Otherwise a nice day out, a bit different to the "Outdoor Show" sponsored a couple of years ago by Ordnance Survey, didn't see the CT2 book to sign in on the Swift stand tho'.

Edited by The Ridge Rider

Ace Firestar hiding behind Jeep Cherokee Sport

I'm not depressed,the world is just happier than me.

I dunno if it was a bargain, but. ........i got one of those WashMatik cleaning systems, the one with a brush and the tube in a Bucket. ......you move the brush up and down to get the water up the tube :rolleyes: . .....£20 http://www. selkin. co. uk/index. php/cleaning/washmatik and thats with the extension tube, Supaspray, Aqua Blade and Supa Chammy thrown in. ...spot the bloke on a site near you cleaning his 'van. ....could be me :lol::lol:

I bought one of those about 25 years ago at the Ideal Home Exhibition. The tube came in handy :lol:

We were at the show yesterday, CC day.

Bought an Outdoor Revolution New Porchlite Plus for £120, not had it out of it's box yet, though. Hope it's easy & quick to put up as that's why we bought it.

Very tiring but interesting show, spread out over 5 halls. We were impressed with the 2 new Pageants 'launched' there, especially the Sancerre which is same length as our Burgundy. Liked the full width toilet/shower/washbasin across the back behind the fixed-bed & on first impression this toilet layout doesn't appear to have taken much out of the rest of the length inside. We were latched onto by a salesman wishing to give us a price quote to exchange our Jan 08 model for a new Sancerre. ..£4000 to change! Don't think so, if wished to spend this amount would sooner have two good cruises for the money! But, maybe in a few years time.

And he gave us the usual pressure that Bailey prices go up next week after the show. This seems very soon as the price list in the current brochure says last increase Dec 2008.

Formally 'MagentaMan'... with Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 5 seat Auto 2011/Lunar 530 2013 with mover.

We went today. The main idea being to look at the new Eccles Ruby. Have to say it looked very nice. Much bigger bathroom than the Bailey California. It has a chest of drawers as standard and as we only use the table formed by the top of the drawers to eat on in the van its an essential bit of kit for us. Sideboard very much smaller but still big enough for a TV although there is a clever bracket that will hold a flat screen TV so that it can be swivelled between lounge and bedroom. It was useful having someone from Swift explain the differences between the Ruby and the Charisma/Europa models that come out a bit later. These models are about 8 inches shorter than the Ruby. So the rear bathroom would loose the width of the table storage, the double bed is a little shorter and the door will not be as wide as the Eccles/Challenger models. So decisions, decisions!

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I could not fined the Discover stand at the NEC . I got a wash matik set hope it will work OK

The Ruby is 1595kgs, same as the Challenger which makes them too heavy for us but I do like the layout. The Europa nad charisma are 100kgs lighter. Does anyone know the price of the Sancerre which is 1435kgs?

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!

The Ruby is 1595kgs, same as the Challenger which makes them too heavy for us but I do like the layout. The Europa nad charisma are 100kgs lighter. Does anyone know the price of the Sancerre which is 1435kgs?

Probably about the same as a Burgundy . ... so around £13140. The Charisma/Europa models are selling at £13395, but don't include an omnivent or ATC that the Sancerre has. Flip side is the Swift Group models has a front chest of drawers which is a £265 option on the Bailey.

For me (currently) the Sancerre wins, especially considering the Charisma/Europa 550's weigh in at 1495Kg.

I would tend to wait and see if you local Swift/Sterling dealer does a dealer special of this layout. A couple of the Scottish dealers do very nice 'specials' with lots of extra kit, sadly our dealer isn't one of them so the we'd still probably go with the Sancerre (if we could live with that dark wood which i'm still not sure about . .. though it is 100 times better than the very light wood in the Eccles!)

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

Probably about the same as a Burgundy . ... so around £13140. The Charisma/Europa models are selling at £13395, but don't include an omnivent or ATC that the Sancerre has. Flip side is the Swift Group models has a front chest of drawers which is a £265 option on the Bailey.

For me (currently) the Sancerre wins, especially considering the Charisma/Europa 550's weigh in at 1495Kg.

I would tend to wait and see if you local Swift/Sterling dealer does a dealer special of this layout. A couple of the Scottish dealers do very nice 'specials' with lots of extra kit, sadly our dealer isn't one of them so the we'd still probably go with the Sancerre (if we could live with that dark wood which i'm still not sure about . .. though it is 100 times better than the very light wood in the Eccles!)

Hi fab,

We had doubts about the dark wood but we quite like it now,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Sancerre "special show price" £13,695 + £495 delivery, etc. (do other makers add on a delivery charge or is it included in their price? Could make a difference when comparing similar models by different makers?)

Same length as Burgundy, 18. 5ft internal, and MRO 1215kg/23. 9cwt, MTPLM 1435kg/28. 2cwt.

Is 4 berth, salesman told us it doesn't include a front chest as if it did Bailey wouldn't be able to call it a 4 berth. The chest is an optional, charged-for extra. We have one on our Burgundy as we use the flip-over table top (as well as the extra drawers) and can leave the heavy free standing table at home in the garage. If we change to similar in the future we will take the chest with us even though wood in new model may not match, after all it cost us nearly £300 so we won't let it go lightly!

PeteR

Edited by BlakesWig

Formally 'MagentaMan'... with Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 5 seat Auto 2011/Lunar 530 2013 with mover.

(do other makers add on a delivery charge or is it included in their price? Could make a difference when comparing similar models by different makers?)

PeteR

I believe all the main brands charge a similar amount for the non-optional delivery - it's stupid and pointless but they each reckon they'll lose out if they quote inclusive prices - they obviously think that customers are stupid and can't do simple arithmetic.

Chipping Sodbury caravans don't make this charge as they are near Bailey in Bristol so I think they collect the vans themselves.

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!

Delivery charges are a bit of a blind in my opinion. and makes the headline price seem a little less.

It gives the dealer something extra to play with during negotiations.

At the end of the day it's how much you pay for your new caravan (including any trade in and delivery charge) and whether it's cheaper elsewhere.

I seem to remember reading that Baileys do not discount for quantity, so a small dealer pays the same price, pro rata as the big dealer. I think that's good for competition and good customer service. You're unlikely to be swayed by a few extra quid off and then get bad back up service.

Scales

Hi fab,

We had doubts about the dark wood but we quite like it now,

Regards,

Ian.

Hi Ian

I must say it has grown on us . .. but maybe not enough to buy one! We do like the standard fit upholstry, though not the optional flowery one.

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

Best bargain was a freebee, went to the PowrTouch stand mentioned to the sales person on the stand i had lost the back of my PowrTouch Hand Controller, he gave me a new one.

2013 Volkswagen Passat Estate 2. 0 TDI Blue Motion Technology 140hp
Abbey Expression 500L (Adventura 317)

It's interesting that in the past there have been quite a few people talking about buying new vans at the show. This time no ones mentioned a new van that I'm aware of. Are they all keeping quiet or is no one buying?

It's interesting that in the past there have been quite a few people talking about buying new vans at the show. This time no ones mentioned a new van that I'm aware of. Are they all keeping quiet or is no one buying?

Just got back home in London after our second visit to the NEC - we ordered a new van :lol::lol: an Airstream 532 collect it in April once it has been customised :P;)

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Just got back home in London after our second visit to the NEC - we ordered a new van :lol::lol: an Airstream 532 collect it in April once it has been customised :P;)

. ........and a towbar for the MG :D ?

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Congratulations Ted - maybe we will join you as "streamers" next year. out of interest what have you customised - just the upholstery?

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

Ted

You have bought a lovely van there, hope you get plenty of use out of it. You don't see many of them, they really do look the part. Can't say I would describe it as a bargain though :P

Regards
Ian

just got back, put a deposit down on a new Bailey Carolina, collect in 6 weeks, all very excited !

Dave