Sign in to follow this  
phil1041

Long Outfits In Spain

Just seen this on the CC website, it certainly applies to me!

Large outfits in Spain

If you are travelling to Spain and the total length of your car and caravan or motor home is over 12 meters in length you need to have 2 yellow (with a red outline) reflective stickers on the back of the vehicle.

The dimensions of the stickers must be 25cm wide and 50cm long, they must be placed symmetrically each side at the back of the caravan/motorhome between 50cm and 150cm off the ground. The stickers cost approximately £20. 00 for a set of two.

These stickers can be purchased from:

Raymac Ltd

Prospect Works

Showfield Lane

Malton

North Yorkshire

YO17 6BT

Phil.

Thanks for the info.

Just done a quick calculation 4. 85 car + 7. 83 van = 12. 68 metres.

I wonder how long before it becomes a UK requirement

Are they the ones that say Long Vehicle or just the Chevron Pattern ?

Anybody know

Oh God more regulations, what a mamby world we are now living in!! :angry:

Guest iancjc

could you post va link to the page on the cc site please.

I'll need some this year

could you post va link to the page on the cc site please.

I'll need some this year

This is the page, i think you will have to be logged on as a member to access though,

http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/News+and+even. ..ation+March. htm

phil.

I myself would have thought, that if your caravan is legal in the UK and that you are only visiting Spain temporarily. then it would be perfectly legal to do so without the new stickers. I wonder if there is a typing error in the CC's posting, because of the size of the two stickers that you would have to put on your van.

I myself would have thought, that if your caravan is legal in the UK and that you are only visiting Spain temporarily. then it would be perfectly legal to do so without the new stickers. I wonder if there is a typing error in the CC's posting, because of the size of the two stickers that you would have to put on your van.

Or is it another case of the CC publishing an advert from a company in the guise of information? There are other suppliers but only one mentioned.

No warning Triangles required in UK but required elsewhre in Europe.

Legal size rear reflective markers for trucks in the E. C is 200mm x 565mm (or 20 x 56. 5 cm). Why would there be a different size if they are a requirement for caravans? Any Spanish resident caravanners out there?

No warning Triangles required in UK but required elsewhre in Europe.

They are carried in the car though for use incase of emergency, and never fixed to the 'van

Cannot find the stickers on the site of the retailer only metal plates. ...

Cannot find the stickers on the site of the retailer only metal plates. ...

I also had a look and that was all I could find, which does make sense with the price quoted in the CC article.

But can you see anyone fixing two large metal reflective plates to their pride and joy?

I have contacted Raymac as we are going to Spain in September.

They can supply the self adhesive signs (reflective yellow with red border) size 25 x 50 cm, for £20 + £4 postage + VAT per pair, so a total of £27. 60. VERY expensive I thought.

They also said that they had not expected the "advert" to appear so soon, so had not yet put the self adhesive ones on their website!!

Spot on beejay!!

Point me in the direction of other (cheaper) suppliers please.

One other thought. .....looking at the back end of the van. ......is there enough space for them??

Off to get my tapeline now.

I have contacted Raymac as we are going to Spain in September.

They can supply the self adhesive signs (reflective yellow with red border) size 25 x 50 cm, for £20 + £4 postage + VAT per pair, so a total of £27. 60. VERY expensive I thought.

They also said that they had not expected the "advert" to appear so soon, so had not yet put the self adhesive ones on their website!!

Spot on beejay!!

Point me in the direction of other (cheaper) suppliers please.

One other thought. .....looking at the back end of the van. ......is there enough space for them??

Off to get my tapeline now.

Going to make the back of your van look very odd! Trouble is at that price you won't want to take them off when you get back and pay again for another year. When you put them on how about taking a photo and pasting it on here so we can see what they look like. ?

Edited by Fenester

yes, I am not at all sure I want them on the van! and even less sure that there is room for them.

got my tapeline out now and will measure soon.

however, you will have a long wait for photos as we are not going till september!

These warning plates are what are fitted to the rear of large goods vehicles.

I have just sent an e. mail off to my MEP to find out if Spain can to this do vehicles on a temporary visit mad.gif
Sam

These warning plates are what are fitted to the rear of large goods vehicles.

I have just sent an e. mail off to my MEP to find out if Spain can do this to vehicles on a temporary visit mad.gif
Sam

I will be interested in His/Her response, if they know the answer that is.

Phil.

I will be interested in His/Her response, if they know the answer that is.

Phil.

That's if you get an answer

Steve

I have used him once before with a problem so I am expecting him to give an answer, but if not I am sure that if I put his e. mail add on here, he will get a few more e. mails

Sam

have now had a good look at the back end of the van. there is just enough space, but the stickers will have to sit horizontally and quite close together either side of the Sterling "S" that is in the middle, so well in from the outer edges.

as we are not going till september we will wait till later to purchase, see if there are any developments!

I read somewhere that these stickers are illegal on caravans in Germany, so where does that leave us?

have now had a good look at the back end of the van. there is just enough space, but the stickers will have to sit horizontally and quite close together either side of the Sterling "S" that is in the middle, so well in from the outer edges.

as we are not going till september we will wait till later to purchase, see if there are any developments!

I read somewhere that these stickers are illegal on caravans in Germany, so where does that leave us?

It would be useful to know where to get some definative advice on all this; it just does nt seen to make sense. The stickers as you say are very large, it would be nice if the CC could investigate and give a proper answer.

It would be useful to know where to get some definative advice on all this; it just does nt seen to make sense. The stickers as you say are very large, it would be nice if the CC could investigate and give a proper answer.

I have spent ages Googleing and the only references that I can find to these stickers are the CC and this forum.

I haven't tried the tape measure yet, but adding the vehicle length to the caravan shipping length comes to 12. 025 meters. Do you think the Spanish police would be that picky?

I have e-mailed both the Caravan Club and the British Embassy in Madrid asking for fullest details on the matter, when I get a reply I will post them on the newsgroup.