Taking The Plunge

Lush

B) Having looked at sooo many caravans, it came down to the Bailey Pageant series or the Adria Adora range.

The extra width and feeling of space along with the latest equipment moved us to the Adora. Excellent price with great build quality. Haven't decided whether to buy a brand new one for €16500 or an 8 month old 2004 model for €14250. The only difference is the oven and stabiliser comes with the new one, but the 2004 model has nicer furnishings.

Probably go for the used one.

Anyone have any experience with the Adria Adora 532LD ?

Hi Lush, Iv seen the 532 LD's, not a bad van.

You are talking in euros so are you in Ireland?

Anyway, think of the oven, how often will you use it? Ive never known anyone to use a caravan oven unless they are living in it for sustained periods i. e a couple of months.

Stabiliser can be bought for £300 or less

Go for the second hand one and save the 2000 euros

Hi Lush,

Adria make some great vans, and the extra width does make a differance, we went for the Adora 352up, ours has a full cooker but we dont intend using the oven that often, good vans great value for money.

Gareth :)

Thanks for the advise guys. .. B)

Will be buying it tomorrow morning. :D

Can't wait to use it!!! Unfortunately I have to work next weekend as we have a stand at the Irish Motorcycle & Scooter Show :( But the following weekend ;)

Lush have to agree with you there I bought my Adora 532lt last September and glad I did not keen at all on the new upholstery not ideal colour for family van but that’s just my opinion, was in a new adora last week down at the NEC another couple were in the van they commented on the van and I told them I owned one and thought it was wonderful but didn’t think much of the new upholstery got I reply back that they liked it so just goes to show not all people like the same.

I have said before on one of the other threads here we paid extra for a full oven and bought a alko stabiliser paid £250 for each.

We do actually use our oven every time we go out mainly for keeping bbq food warm while more is cooking or we find it great for the pre prepared dishes form asda bung them in for about 20 mins meals ready plenty of time to relax with beer without to much hassle which is what caravanning is all about.

P. S. the wet locker is just the perfect size for a slab of beer keeps it quite cool also!

JON :D

• 2 weeks later...

B) Bought the 2004 model!!!

Its like new, the previous owners used it once and then after having a baby, never used it again.

Going to Killarney for Paddy's weekend :D

Can't wait.

Congratulations on the new van like I said before I prefer the 2004 models upholstery compared to this years.

Hope you have a cracking weekend can’t wait to get mine out look’s like I will have to wait a few days longer than you till middle of next week but then again will have it on the drive next weekend to get it ready for Wednesday night chalking the day’s down now can’t wait to get going.

Jon

:D

Thanks Jon. ..

Heres a little pic of her behind our house. ..

post-948-1110840574.jpg

It won't be long now when you'll be doing the same as us, cleaning & packing. ..

:D 2 more days to go. ..!!! :D

Looking good!

But you had to just go that bit far and put the bit about keeping it at home, well jealous.

In fact my house is actually up for sale at the present seen a nice house with a big garden just wanting a caravan to be kept in it. So if any one in the Heywood area wants a house unfortunately not with caravan storage, but they can have my place at the storage site five minuets away give us an e-mail.

Any way back to the van looks in perfect nick, as it should for its age.

Just enjoy it and remember that wet locker is just perfect for the slab of Guinness!

Jon

IIIII IIII days to go

:D

Jon

I've stocked up on beer, ready for that locker!!!

It must be a drag not to be able to store your caravan at home. We have a couple of acres of land, we live out in the sticks, and were toying with the idea of setting up a small caravan site. Need to look into it some more and check out planning regs etc. We have access to many more acres, as my wifes uncle owns all the land nearby as he was a dairy farmer.

Don't know if its viable or not though, as would need to give up my job to do it properly I guess.

That’s it just rub it in a little more :D not only happy with keeping your van at home now telling us you can have a site in your back garden some people just are too lucky. :P

Actually the situation isn’t to bad with us the storage site is only about 5 mins away in car and we have to pass it every day, we do put the van on the drive to pack before heading off but it will be nice if we can sell our house and keep it at home if we get the one we like.

The idea of a site would be good but probably only for others as it would mean that you couldn’t get away as much yourselves but if you ever get it going we will have to have a Adria owners get together there sometime.

Have a good weekend

Jon

IIIII III days to go and counting :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lush

Set up that caravan site and we will be down to see you someday. Used to have an adria 92 model - upgraded to Bailey Provance because layout was what suited our needs i. e. not end bathroom but separate shower. Have been away at easter to Newcastle, Co. Down for first trip. Great time.

Keep that beer cool!

Suziain