Carpet Runners

Guest john1215

Guest john1215

I know, we've discussed this before and got nowhere really but someone, somewhere MUST have a cure (except for not buying any in the first place) or a method that is foolproof and stops the runners from. ...well. ..running!!

john1215

I know, we've discussed this before and got nowhere really but someone, somewhere MUST have a cure (except for not buying any in the first place) or a method that is foolproof and stops the runners from. ...well. ..running!!

john1215

13394[/snapback]

Use nails or if that fails, nuts and bolts.

The best runers or non runers that we found were from, dare I say it.

and they were very slow on the off. .....and cheep and machine washable.

Netto's B)

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

john1215

13394[/snapback]

There is something called "cats claws", usually found in freebie mags such as "Home Free" or "Innovations". They work well but will damage the carpet beneath to a certain degree.

I put two small self tapper screws with cups into the floor. It holds the runners in place and can also be rolled up for cleaning.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

I got rid of my runner, it moved too much and was too much of a pain to keep putting back in place, especially when there were 3 dogs on it most of the time.

I bought several dirt-trapper mats at Crufts last year and spent ages walking through the 5 halls of the NEC to get the mats in the colour I wanted and with the gripper backs. The salesman assured me they wouldn't move, but guess what, they do, so if you're buying any dirt-trapper mats, don't bother paying extra for the ones with gripper backs. They don't stay put any more than the ones without the gripper backs.

Having said that, I find the loose mats much better than the runner. They are easy to shake outside, and they are easier to put back in place when they move. Also you can take them home and stick them in the washing machine if they get muddy.

Sharon

Good carpet stores sell a product used as an interlay between existing carpets and runners - we have used this for years in our house and the runner stays exactly where you place it - it will aslo work on laminated floors to stop a rug from sliding.

I can not remember what it is called but we got ours from John Lewis - it is like a cotton covered foam that you cut to a slightly smaller size than the rug or runner and it feels 'sticky' to the touch BUT you can lift and relay the rug/runner as many times as you like.

Ted is right you need to buy need to buy some UAK92 Anti Kreep from any good carpet shop it is supplied by this Company www. stikatak. co. uk.

We use it in our van and have 4 dogs. ...stops the rumnners moving a treat, but you can lift them up timr & time again.

If you can't get hold of this product them feel free to email me

garybevan@stikatak. co. uk I am there Logistics manager, and I will see what I can do. :)

john1215

13394[/snapback]

Runners are a pain in the R*****. Use to have them but gave them up years ago for obvious reasons. We take our shoes off either in the porch or full awning depending which one is erected of if we do not put the awning up we take off our shoes as we enter the 'van and have a piece of carpet just inside the door. Then we either walk around in slippers or, bare feet or socks and enjoy the carpet's in the 'van.

They are loose fitting carpet's so when they start to get a bit shabby its easy to roll them up and get them cleaned. But as caravans generally have light usage as compared with carpets in a house, it will be a long time before they will need cleaning, unless one has a tribe of kid's and dog's and do not bother to wipe the animal's paw's or make the kid's take their shoes off. It's your 'van!

Guest john1215
Ted is right you need to buy need to buy some UAK92 Anti Kreep from any good carpet shop it is supplied by this Company www. stikatak. co. uk.

We use it in our van and have 4 dogs. ...stops the rumnners moving a treat, but you can lift them up timr & time again.

If you can't get hold of this product them feel free to email me

garybevan@stikatak. co. uk  I am there Logistics manager, and I will see what I can do. :)

13534[/snapback]

Abbey-man,

I'll give this a try sounds like just the ticket and you can't beat personal recommendation, is it sold in a particular size or is it cut to fit (DIY)

john1215

Abbey-man,

I'll give this a try sounds like just the ticket and you can't beat personal recommendation, is it sold in a particular size or is it cut to fit (DIY)

john1215

13643[/snapback]

We have cut domestic carpet to shape (in 3 sections) and had the edges bound. Total cost £22. 50. To hold it in place we have used screwed down press studs. It doesn't move then.

Mike