Vauxhall Sintra

matt

Saw one of these for the first time today in passing (an R reg) I never knew they existed and thought they looked quite nice. Checked some prices on Autotrader website and they are relatively cheap to buy so I knew there was a sting in the tail. Subsequently read some owner reviews on this vehicle and true enough, the majority of owners said they wouldn't touch one with a bargepole, with one saying it was like driving a breadvan and others saying Vauxhall service and parts availability is rubbish.

Also, the Sintra was produced in such small numbers that parts are special order only with long long waits.

Not much good then ;)

Guest john1215

Isn't the Sintra now called the Zafira. My colleague had a Sintra, a run about for the kids, plenty of room. He had an auto but as for towing I couldn't say. It got just as dirty as any other car would with the kids in.

john1215

The Zafira is a mid-size MPV, the Sintra is a full-size MPV built in the US but sold here in such pitifully small numbers that imports were stopped after a couple of years.

The basic reason they're cheap is because no-one likes them!

The basic reason they're cheap is because no-one likes them!

13410[/snapback]

"looks" a nice car to me but swotting up on them the general opinion seems to be a big big negative!

Oh well, you get what you pay for so to speak. .............

Not the worst vehicle in the world. Lots of room, reliable, not to DEAR to run, and can tow OK.

Good value for money as they have done the main depriation.

Full size MPV for little dosh <_< if you are buying the car to use and not bothered about others biases.

BUY IT :D

• 3 weeks later...
I seem to remember Top Gear voting this one of the worst cars *ever* some years back.  

Clarkson, to make his point, took it to a farm and covered it with slurry from a muck spreader.

:blink:

Regards

16631[/snapback]

IT was the Toyota RAV 4 that he coated in bovine stinky wasn't it? At least on one of his video's he does.

Has to be said though the Sintra was a flop - even my friend at Vauxhall's HQ in Luton said his was off the road more than on due to electrical faults and general rubbish build quality issues. He even said dealers phoned up Luton begging them not to make any more in the USA and import them.

That being said, if all of the faults have been corrected under warranty, aside from the very poor towing capability it's probably a half decent car now!

Si.