Oggie Scenic Plus Porch Awning

k9shaz

Looking through the new Towsure catalogue today and I quite like the look of this porch awning.

Oggie Scenic Plus Porch Awning

Until now I've never seen the point of porch awnings, I've seen people putting them up and they seem to take just as long as my full size awning and they're not much cheaper to buy either, and you're sacrificing all that space of a full size awning, but I do like the look of this one because it looks so quick to put up and if I'm just at a dog show for the weekend and arriving late Friday afternoon and leaving late Sunday afternoon, I'm sure I can manage with less space and it looks like it would be so quick to get up and get down.

If anyone has one of these porch awnings, I'd be grateful to hear your views and let me know how quick it is to get up and down.

Thx

Shaz

Carol said: hope to be going next weekend, will let you know how we get on.

Bearing the weather situation in mind, are you still going away? Where are you going?

Sharon

We brought one of these last year and have used it several times during shorter weekend trips away. Quick and easy to put up / take down. Enough room for pushchair, wellies and winter coats or two chairs and a small table to enjoy the winter sunshine . . before it got too cold that is.

Hope this helps

bought the blue diamond version last week from jacksons of old arley. a bit bigger that the others but good value at £99. 00

Will attempt to put it up this weekend

We went away this weekend against all odds the forcast was lousey but went anyway, glad we did the weather was bright but cold which we can handle, put up the Scenic porch,piece of cake only took about 20 mins but now we know how,( it 's easy!!) so next time it will take a lot less time. We had a small table plus 2 chairs we have the bigger porch so could get a larger table in it if we want to, lovley sitting in the sun glass of wine and a book, as with all awnings it comes down a lot quicker than goes up took about 7 to 8 mins,

so we are realy pleased with it, had some people came up to ask about it and said they were interested and were going to see about one.

We went to a caravan site Nr Woodbrigde in Suffolk, Staverton Camping Park, in a forest over looking a deer park it was very well looked after the loo's and showers were probley

the cleanest I have seen, the people who owned it were very friendly but the guy Brian was a law unto himself, said he did not want to advertise just wanted word of mouth because he wanted people he could get on with, he said he was not worred about the money just wanted a nice friendly site and was so proud of his camp, it's a shame it is now an Adult only site as he had some children from hell last year, as he said you can not blame the children it the parent's, he pointed out that he had 5 children and use to camp and keep his under control, it caused problems so no more children.

Carol :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for that. I like the sound of 7 or 8 minutes to take down. It's the taking down I hate.

We don't need our full sized awning just for a weekend away. We just use it (and fill it) because we've got it and it takes over an hour to pack everything away, get the awning down and fold it up and all the peg-pulling does my back in.

All we need is somewhere to store our holdalls plus somewhere to put the spare table and 2 chairs. We'll take the bigger awning away for longer trips but for weekends this little porch sounds like it's just the job.

Sharon