Extending Your Awning

Davec

We, like quite a few others I've noticed, have or are about to, change their van.

Probably like many others, we then had the dilema about the awning.

Will it fit? If not do you try and sell and then shell out even more money to get another one!

Or do you have your current one altered?

Well we had this decision to make and decided to go for the extension, once I'd spoken to the company concerned, read some reports and endorsements for the same company.

Ours needed to go from a 925-950 cm to fit a 996 cm rail.

The awning was collected last Tuesday, from work, and delivered back today!

Having unrolled it in the front room I can report that they've done an excellent job and I'm now glad we went down this road.

For anyone interested the company is Canvas Repair Centre on 01283 541721

www. canvasrepaircentre. co. uk.

Davec

We, like quite a few others I've noticed, have or are about to, change their van.

Probably like many others, we then had the dilema about the awning.

Will it fit? If not do you try and sell and then shell out even more money to get another one!

Well we had this decision to make and decided to go for the extension, once I'd spoken to the company concerned, read some reports and endorsements for the same company.

The awning was collected last Tuesday, from work, and delivered back today!

Having unrolled it in the front room I can report that they've done an excellent job and I'm now glad we went down this road.

For anyone interested the company is  Canvas Repair Centre on 01283 541721

www. canvasrepaircentre. co. uk.

Davec

13101[/snapback]

I'm not suprised that you gained a good reuslt from Canvas Repair centre, we had our awning reduced and several little upgrades fitted by them and I must say they did a fantastic job Thouroughly recommended :D

Martin W

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

When we extended ours last year, we were told a metre each side maximum. Ours is ok extended, but we aren't keen on the slanty sides, and will upgrade our awning, sometime this year.

When we extended ours last year, we were told a metre each side maximum.   Ours is ok extended, but we aren't keen on the slanty sides, and will upgrade our awning, sometime this year.

13259[/snapback]

When we had an Isabella awning extended some years ago (by Trio!), they advise 60 cm per side as a maximum to avoid the angled sides looking odd.

Mlamont

When we had an Isabella awning extended some years ago (by Trio!), they advise 60 cm per side as a maximum to avoid the angled sides looking odd.

Mlamont

13271[/snapback]

Ours needed a 75cm extension each side when the machinist got it on the table she called to say "no". Isabella appear to be an awning that will stand only small increases in size. It appears that we were given the same advice so others beware of going to far with the size increase or risk having an odd looking awning.

Paul

• 10 months later...

We, too, changed our van this year and didn't want the expense of buying a new awning. Our caravan dealer arranged for us to have an extension bit and it looks good. ..not too expensive either. .....haven't tried it out yet but will do so shortly when he head down to Spain :) .

Davec

13101[/snapback]

Can I be forward, and ask how much it cost? We have an Isabella 900, and our new van is 935cm.

Guest Dave Elcome
Can I be forward, and ask how much it cost?  We have an Isabella 900, and our new van is 935cm.

49264[/snapback]

We had ours altered HERE, I seem to recall it costing around £200, this included the collection and return by City Link. They are most helpful over the phone, and will let you know what can and can't be realistically done prior to you committing.

Looking at your location HERE might be viable for you to drop it off/collect and save on the carriage costs, they are based in Pontefract, and would more than likely do other makes than Trio as their name suggests.

A point woth noting though. They only extend the awning bead side of the awning, so the awning will take on a sort of wedge shape, which will be more exagerated the more you have put in, (I think a metre is maximum??). Our full awning has now been extended twice, each time having around a 30cm extension and is fine, but Ithink Road Runner had more put in his some tima ago and complained after that the poles were at precarious angles.

Hope this helps. :)

We bought a Trio awning, it needed adjusting on one of the corners, (a bit baggy)

Trio Pair did it, and made a brilliant job :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Can I be forward, and ask how much it cost?  We have an Isabella 900, and our new van is 935cm.

49264[/snapback]

We had an Isabella awning altered about 10 years ago to extend it from 800cm to 860cm. At that time, the cost was c. £115 inc carriage.

Last year, we had the same awning altered to make it into a large porch awning for our larger caravn and the cost was again about £115 inc return carriage only as we had delivered it. Last year's alteration was carried out by Scottish Mountain Gear, Musselburgh. Info from gordon@scottishmountaingear. co. uk (Gordon Grosset) Tel 0131-653-1310

Workmanship was excellent.

Mlamont