Reversing Sensors

wigelywoo

Is the problem with reversing sensors

1)They detect the towball

2)They detect the caravan (this I would expect)

The rear sensors we have on our Mondeo don't detect the tow ball but they do detect the van when reversing (as would be expected)

We haven't found it a problem with the van hitched up and I would say that we wouldn't be with out them when driving solo.

Yossa

Hi our rear sensors don't pick up the towbar, very handy for reversing on to the tow hitch though, when they sound a solid beeeeeeeeeeep! you have about 6" gap from tow hitch.

Mike

Hello,

When I had my towbar fitted (Chester Tow bar centre) the chaps their advised against a bumper protection guard as I had the parking sensors.

He said on some of the new cars now the parking sensors cause them the most problems as some cast the wave up and down and others side ways (apparently some can pic up the fact you have a towbar and has caused headaches for them).

On mine it was fine and he came out and proved each one worked while walking behind each sensor.

Also Most sensors you should be able to overide it and switch them off if you want, have to say I think they are great but you do just get a bid lazy and wait for the beeps rather than having a proper look. ..not good!! but they work very well !!

Cheers

Scott

I've got a standard Witter towball cover over an Alko towball so it doesn't fit properly (I must get one that does!).

Sometimes the cover lifts or tilts, and when it does, the reversing sensors pick it up then.

But otherwise, without the 'van attached, they work fine.

We had reversing sensors fitted to the Terracan pre-delivery - they don't pick up the tow bar and we had a switch fitted so we can switch them off when caravan is attached. It means we don't have them screaming at us if reversing onto a pitch.

The problem is . ..... remembering that car no 2 DOESN'T have them!

Frances

Guest john1215

Many cars have them fitted thesedays, the Volvo we're buying can have them front and rear as optional extras. If we were to have them on the rear only they can't be switched off but if we have them on the front as well then both can be switched off. We're not bothering.

john1215

Archived