Porch Awning Size, Help Needed Please

HEPPY

Well i went to the nec show yesterday and had a good day out, looked at the awning section for a porch awning however not many to look at and i didn,t see any of those easy to put up scenic ones, also all the ones i saw had an height from ground to awning rail of 240cm whereas my height is only 211cm .

Am i going to struggle in getting a porch awning for my van at 211cm size ? looked on various sites and they all seem to be saying the same 240cm from ground to rail .

cheers Neil

HEPPY

I think you would also struggle with the scenic we tried ours on our old van a craftsman miracle 155 and it didn’t fit all that well.

There must be some manufacturers out there that still make porches for older caravans other than that you will have to try some of the larger dealers or adds in the caravanning magazines they might have a good second hand one available best of luck.

Jon

P. S. there is one other way of solving the problem, quite expensive though are new vans! :D

Well i went to the nec show yesterday and had a good day out, looked at the awning section for a porch awning however not many to look at and i didn,t see any of those easy to put up scenic ones, also all the ones i saw had an height from ground to awning rail of 240cm whereas my height is only 211cm .

Am i going to struggle in getting a porch awning for my van at 211cm size ? looked on various sites and they all seem to be saying the same 240cm from ground to rail .

cheers  Neil

12619[/snapback]

When i purchased a porch awning from NR they told me they do it in three heights

you could try telephoning NR and check with them, they seem very helpful on the telephone .

Thanks for replies, @ jon looked at the new caravans at the show on monday, not a patch on my avondale mayfly (1987), they don,t seem to have evolved much over the years, my Mayfly seems a lot more solid and robust, some new vans seem so delicate and furnishings look and feel cheap, wouldn,t swap mayfly for the world, she has well paid for herself with last year doing two 2 week breaks and nearly every weekend (most 3-4 days) all through season, hardly any problems , Ijust need to sort out the porch awning for the short winter weekend breaks .

cheers  Neil

12619[/snapback]

NR Awnings do three sizes, smallest is 7", should be about what your looking for. They cost around £200, but tend to get a better report/reputation than the scenic ones and look a bit more robust IMO.

I'm planning to order one myself.

Hope this is useful.

NR Awnings do three sizes, smallest is 7", should be about what your looking for. They cost around £200, but tend to get a better report/reputation than the scenic ones and look a bit more robust IMO.

I'm planning to order one myself.

Hope this is useful.

12815[/snapback]

At 7" you have to very small to get under that! :D

cheers  Neil

12619[/snapback]

Hi Neil we have one of the scenic porches you can purchase them quite easilyfrom awnimgs direct WWW. awnings. co. uk they are advertised inmarch issue of practical caravan magazine they are easy to put up we love our but not too good in strong winds poles are thin bendy ones ours snapped in the wind 2nd time up had to buy morewe just got a ventura porch (cadet dont know itf they have your size its easy to put up good luck hope you get fixed up from maggie

Thanks for reply,s

iam going to have a good look round this weekend to see if i can find one the right size, looking on the sites supplied either i can get the right height but then the width is too big (covering the window ) or the height is too big, going to a couple more places this weekend .

many thanks

Neil

Well i think ive eventually found a porch awning the correct size for my van, height wise and lengh wise, its from Harrisons and its the demi porch, supplied by Wandahome of Ponefract w,yorks at £265 .(over £300 direct from them)

Has anyone had any awnings from Harrisons paticularly the Demi porch and are they ok quality wise etc . .

Thanks Neil

• 3 weeks later...

cheers  Neil

12619[/snapback]

hI,HEPPY, no you will not have a problem,all caravan manufacturers state the height of the van including venting pipe or rooflights whichever is the heigher. Any porch awning will fit you just may have more bottom flap extending along the ground which will be O. K. it is more of a problem if it is too short. Happy hunting. Try putting a advert in our group to see if someone has a awning for sale?

. ... Has anyone had any awnings from Harrisons paticularly the Demi porch and are they ok quality wise etc . .

Thanks Neil

14308[/snapback]

We have a brand new Harrison Berkley awning with tall annexe and a second hand Harrison porch awning. We tried getting on with other awnings but found the zips/curtains/ build quality inferior to Harrison.

Just my opinion, but I love them :D

<<Saddo! :rolleyes:

We have a brand new Harrison Berkley awning with tall annexe and a second hand Harrison porch awning. We tried getting on with other awnings but found the zips/curtains/ build quality inferior to Harrison.

Just my opinion, but I love them :D

<<Saddo! :rolleyes:

17370[/snapback]

Thanks for reply Bux just got back from a few days away, must say not over impressed so far with my (new first time away )harrison porch awning, certanly no easier to put up than a full awning plus a couple of weak points on the upright poles (they bent slightly).also the twist locking poles caused problems .

Will contacting supplier, also couldn,t seem to get the sides tight enough and the the cushioned part firm up against the caravan .(plenty of duck tape used)

Just come back from a weekend away with our Harrison Multi awning. Put it up easily and had a great weekend.