Tryon Safety Bands

Patrick

Hi Everyone

I was wondring if anyone knows of a site for the Tryon bands. Also has any one had them fitted and could you give me an idea of the cost.

I am going to tour around France for a month this summer and i want to be pace of mind when towing on the motorways.

:rolleyes:

I have Tyron Bands on my van, came in very useful in south of France and Spain last year, i had 2 blow outs on the caravan and they worked as they should, Easy enough to refit with the long Allen Key and instructions you get supplied with them, Well they must be easy a Spaniard fitted them back on.

Barry

I have Tyron Bands on my van, came in very useful in south of France and Spain last year, i had 2 blow outs on the caravan and they worked as they should, Easy enough to refit with the long Allen Key and instructions you get supplied with them, Well they must be easy a Spaniard fitted them back on.

Barry

12947[/snapback]

2 Blowouts!!! was that punctures or the tyres just blew?

• 3 months later...

Tyron bands are well worth a look at, had a blow out on the caravan when we were coming back from Cornwall in middle of May, they did there job and stopped the tyre coming of the rim, the tyre was mangled to hell but we were all in one piece, it is suprising how loud the bang is from a tyre when your doing 50mph on the motorway, a good laxative for the wife. :blink::o

HI Patrick

I have Tyron bands fitted to my twin axle landranger and on my Vauxhall Monterey which I use for towing. Expensive but good for peace of mind and could SAVE a lot of money and trouble.

On my previous (single axle van) van I had puncture whilst driving at speed to catch a ferry in Scotland. I don't know how long it had been punctured but I only found out when someone pointed it out to me in the ferry queue. I had not even noticed any effects on handling. By then the tyre was such a mangled mess it was hard to get it off without slashing my hands on the protruding metal banding. I am, therefore, a firm "convert".

The bands came with instructions and a long allen key to change and I've never had any problems with tyre fitters when changing tyres.

Happy caravanning

Tim

They don't come as standard on Baileys. I had to get them fitted as an extra on my new '05 van.

I've had the same experience as others. A blowout in France racing to catch the fery home. I didn't knoe it had gone, thought the road was a little bumpy, till a lorry 'flashed' me. Tyre in pieces but van unmarked. When a friend had a blowout without bands fitted, the tyre destroyed the area inside the van around the wheel arch.

I wouldn't pull a van now without them!

You should really if you can watch the Tyre Fitter when he replaces your tyres, I think they would easily forget to put them back on.

I watched the Spanish tyre fitter put them back on my tyres, he had never seen them before :(

Barry