Awning Advice

nealw

Hello all. I'm looking for a new awning, and would like advice on which brand is good which is bad any particular models, anything specific to look for, and any advice on where to buy. Thanks for the help! :rolleyes: Sorry the title should be 'Awning Advice' . .... it's been a long week!!!

Neal

I am sure everyone has their own view which is the best. Strangely you don't often see negative posts about awnings so thats a good start. Firstly I would start by working out how often you will use it, how long you will keep your current van for and I am sure many other things to think about. If you only use an awning onec a year for 2 weeks holiday then its hardly worth spending a small fortune on a £1000+ awning! From my point of view I am a fan of NR Awnings which are well made and excellent value. We have owned several since we started caravanning over 20 years ago.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

NEAL

The point of usage is like the others have said is the main thing or other than that how much you have to spend?

Like bigdrinks says Isabella awning’s are probably the best our first van came with one it went up and looked perfect every time.

I personally prefer the IXL poles for there lightness and ease or use especially as now I have a 990 size awning which requires five roof & leg supports.

When we got the new van last year unfortunately we couldn’t quite run to the extra cost of a Isabella and settled for the bradcot classic as my mum has one with a annex that we can use I find the awning to be ok but not a patch on a Isabella can’t wait to have paid the van off as then we will swap the awning for a Isabella again.

Not sure on other makes might be a idea to go to one of the shows i. e. NEC next week hopefully you should get to see most makes up and decide for yourselves or find some larger dealer like Glossop caravans Awning land they have quite a good selection on display.

JON

Just as an added point.

My last van came with an Isabella awning. So, when we sold it we needed a larger awning for the new van.

I was looking at NR, Dorema, etc all for aroung the £500 mark.

A caravanning friend of ours said that we should try for a good second hand Isabella instead.

We bought a secondhand Isabella Commodore at a local dealers for £500 in mint condition and are so glad we did !

Just as an added point.

My last van came with an Isabella awning. So, when we sold it we needed a larger awning for the new van.

I was looking at NR, Dorema, etc all for aroung the £500 mark.

A caravanning friend of ours said that we should try for a good second hand Isabella instead.

We bought a secondhand Isabella Commodore at a local dealers for £500 in mint condition and are so glad we did !

12225[/snapback]

I currently only have a large porch awning which I use for weekends -but for longer stays I am looking at buying an Inaca Mirage 300 - I have to say they are super quality awnings - with proper doors - and all the people I know who have them are well pleased with them. Made in Spain apparently - but imported in the UK by one company. They will be on show at the NEC this week. Definitely going down to try and get a bargain !!

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

I have also been looking for my first awning. Went to the NEC yesterday and bought a Ventura. Part of the Issabella group but made in Poland I believe. Quality looked very similar but cheaper. The down side delivery could be te end of April!!

I have a Ventura porch and extremely happy with it