Abbey Spectrum 1998

caravanman

we have a 1998 spectrum 620 wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to wether this vans water supply runs on both the external supply and the onboard tank i am getting conflicting advice as ours will only run on the onboard system

11893[/snapback]

I have a 2000 540 - mine runs on the onboard system - fill the tank and then use it that way - keeping the aquarolls full to refill the system. Not sure if yours is the same but I would think so - have you checked the handbook ??

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

Guest mr_sheens

ive looked through my library of old handbooks and found a 1998 abbey. the water system in that van is designed to use the external pump to fill the onboard and then the onboard tank pump supplies water to the taps. this is assuming any previous owner have not altered it.

• 2 weeks later...

When I had a 1998 Spectrum (admittedly a 419 model) there was a stop cock in the water supply line under one of the bunks. Turning this stop tap to off allowed external water only - the tank was blocked off and didn't fill. On, naturally was to fill the on board tank. Mine was in the supply line near to the tank so guess it would be somewhere similar on a 620.

have you also checked the water pressure switch - a little white dial switch again in the water supply line. I found when switching from internal to external this needed constant adjustment.

One other thing to watch when using internal - I used to find the pressure of the water could force the pump off the supply line and it would drop into the internal tank! Great fun to retrieve it as Swift Group do not install an inspection hole into their tanks.

• 15 years later...
23 minutes ago, Damian500 said:

Hi

Where is the internal tank fitted in the 419 ?

Abbey Spectrum 419

You'd be better off starting a new thread. This one is 15 years old and none of the posters have been on here for years

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

9 minutes ago, Damian500 said:

Hi

Where is the internal tank fitted in the 419 ?

Abbey Spectrum 419

This thread is 15 years old so you may not get a reply from the original posters.

However, if you give a bit more info, year etc. it will help to give an answer.

Most internal tanks, in most caravans, when fitted, tend to be  under the seats at the front on the left or the right.

So, if you look under all the seats in the caravan you should find it, it can't be missed, needs to be accessible and is about the size of a small suitcase, usually black.

What sometimes happens on older caravans with several previous owners, is that one decides that they will never use the internal tank and removes it to give more under seat storage, so even if your van docs, mentions an onboard tank, it may have been removed in the past.