Filling The Loo

SBS

I just use a 3 litre watering can I got in France.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I'm lazy - I've got a spare submersible pump, numerous various lengths of hose, a large variety of 'hozelock' fittings, several different size tap connectors, and a peculiar 'bad' habit of never throwing anything away.

I can fill my on-board tanks (DIY installation) up to 50 metres from any tap as well.

The memsahib says "You just like playing with water" which is perfectly true.

In my experience whatever method you use you end up with either wet feet, or water going up your sleeve.

ATB

You can not reason with an unreasonable person.

It's an old one but might be new to someone.  

To fill the Thetford freshwater tank, open the window and use the shower to fill it with when charging up the water system.

Mike

11718[/snapback]

Only works if your shower is near your toilet.

You can not reason with an unreasonable person.

Thanks Frank, I knew I could rely on someone to come up with a solution.

Don't take "Wellies" away with me - I always assume the sun is gonna shine.

Guess I'll have to find some elastic bands!

ATB

11928[/snapback]

If you like playing with water I bet you don't want a solution!.....especially not one made up with water!!!

I think I've done this one before. For those with a combined shower and loo and with the same Thetford loo as mine, model type forgotten, but it doesn't swivel about. I lift out the loo roll holder which exposes the tank and pump and fill up the flush tank directly from the shower hose, ensuring no contact between the two just for the megga hygenists out there. This means you can do it all from the comfort of your own little room and no hoses through windows. This of course is subject to layout etc.

Cheers

Bob

I think I've done this one before. For those with a combined shower and loo and with the same Thetford loo as mine, model type forgotten, but it doesn't swivel about. I lift out the loo roll holder which exposes the tank and pump and fill up the flush tank directly from the shower hose, ensuring no contact between the two just for the megga hygenists out there. This means you can do it all from the comfort of your own little room and no hoses through windows. This of course is subject to layout etc.

Cheers

Bob

12003[/snapback]

Bob Now you're just showing off that you have the electric flush loo instead of the manual one like ours.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

Bob

12003[/snapback]

wish I had thought of that in the last 'van I had. I have just bought another caravan today and it has a manual flush. At least I havent got a pump to sieze up any more unlike the electric flush did.

Oh well I shall carry on using a waste water aquaroll and filling it half full and lifting it up high and filling the loo flush up that way!