Breakdown And Accident Recovery.

CPDavis

Reading other post from member talking about caravan jacks has prompted to think that if I had caravan puncture, I would just get rig safely parked, and call breakdown.

This would of been fine when using 'paid' Britannia Rescue subscription and also pretty quick.

However, this has been put on ice, as new Nissan X trail comes with 12 months RAC cover. I have just noticed the level of cover provided will not include trailers/caravans, so in the event of caravan breakdown would require paid assistance - holiday money gone! Obviously in event of accident damage regular insurance would take care of recovery etc.

Ive got comprehensive cover with Greenflag and their policy is:- " your caravan or trailer will have the same level of cover as the insured vehicle when being towed by the insured vehicle ( must fit a 50mm tow ball).

Oscar

Hello

When I picked up my new car they told me that it comes with a 3 year European breakdown cover, I asked did it include a caravan and was told yes.

I will check in the small print

I also have cover with GreenFlag through my bank so would like to think I'm covered with one or both?? (the bank offer it 'free' with some of their accounts)

Cheers

Scott

Hello

When I picked up my new car they told me that it comes with a 3 year European breakdown cover, I asked did it include a caravan and was told yes.

I will check in the small print

I also have cover with GreenFlag through my bank so would like to think I'm covered with one or both?? (the bank offer it 'free' with some of their accounts)

Cheers

Scott

11549[/snapback]

I would check the position with your free cover from the Bank. I bet they went for the cheapest option with GreenFlag and then negotiated the price right down.

Not like any bank to provide any eXtra help.

Pete. :)

We're with the AA.

We tested it out last October. Car broke down both going & coming home from a local site. On the way when the AA got there, the mechanic appologised that he wasn't in the right van/wagon if we needed towing as he hadn't been told by the call centre but would get a wagon if we needed it. (in the event we didn't need it)

On the way back, same problem (towing caused a faulty carb sensor? to overheat and cut engine out). Apart from the problems we had with the police complaining we were blocking the A1 on a Sunday morning :angry: . The AA sent out a local contracted garage and again there was no problem. Put car on back of wagon & towed caravan home. Nowt was a problem. I am sure though that if there was a problem with the van itself though that we wouldn't be covered.

Helen

Despite having breakdown insurance both through Nissan and my insurers I tend to maintain my membership of Mayday because I know there should be no hassles when I am towing the van.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels