How Much For A First Service

peartreehill bob

Bob

See this thread:

http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/forums/index. ..hl=service+cost

Also be very clear about whether VAT is included in the price they give you.

Regards

David, Callum and Connor (NRF)

Guest mr_sheens

for a service on a single axle you can expect to pay in the region of about £165 inc VAT, at a main dealership who is an approved workshop.

just make sure whoever services your caravan is able to service it without invalidating your warranty, if in any doubt contact the manufacturer. for bailey, in particular, they MUST be bailey approved.

prices of services do vary from region to region

Hi Bob

We are charged £111. 70 inc VAT by the Bailey dealer that we use. Note that this does not include a water filter. Hope that this helps.

(Bailey Bordeaux)

Yossa

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know. I phoned the dealershp today to make sure the van is ok for me to pick up tomorrow. I asked how much i owed them . ....£149. 93!!

I think that as usual Northern Ireland is at the higher end of the pricing scale. ..

Bob :blink::blink:

One point worth checking - My comprehensive insurance for the van will give me new-for-old replacement in the event of accidental damage/writeoff. This is for the first five years and is dependent on the service book being stamped by the manufacturer's approved dealer.

Once the five years are up - if I'm still alive and kicking - I'll do all my servicing myself.

ATVB

Better to check twice than be sorry once! :D

You can not reason with an unreasonable person.

Hi can anyone tell me what to expect to pay for a first service. I am taking my van to our local Bailey dealer this Saturday for its first service and just wondered what most people have paid.

Thanks Bob :)

11392[/snapback]

Hi

Just took caravan for first service £180 for a twin axle. Have paid more in the past for a single axle so thought was quite reasonable.

Along with Yossa and the Lithgo family, I have just paid £111 for a main dealer annual service, which included the few bits.   Must be about right.

Roll on Spring.     TrevorM

14247[/snapback]

Hi Trevor,

Just in case you are not aware, I think the price you were charged doesn't include a change of water filter.

Yossa

Along with Yossa and the Lithgo family, I have just paid £111 for a main dealer annual service, which included the few bits. Must be about right.

put a name to these dealers

Hi, all.

Have just taken Van in for First Service, total price including any filters, one shot nuts, any odd thing like worn breakaway cable replaced, £175. 00. seems a little expensive compared to some others on here. Single axle van. it is where we bought the van, and the nearest to home, so hey hoe thats the way it goes. :D

Shiba. :blink:

put a name to these dealers

14372[/snapback]

Chipping Sodbury Caravans.

Yossa

Just had the first service on my Bailey Ranger 470/4 at Chichester Caravans(Bromsgrove) for which the cost was:

£153. 19 for Service and Damp Check + £26. 81 VAT = Total £180

Winter residue was cleaned off van and it came back as new.

JONO