My New Compass

Disco Kid

After a bad experience with the Avondale and Harringtons last year we now have our Compass Rallye 524L . . no loose screws floating about . . nothing fallen off in 500 miles and a couple of nights away. . looking good so far . . but Feathers could have done a better PDI

Anybody want to buy its Microwave ?

Glad you like it,

Our Elddis could have been put right with a half decent pdi. :(

I really like it now, :D but could have done without the teething problems. :blink:

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

After a bad experience with the Avondale and Harringtons last year we now have our Compass Rallye 524L . . no loose screws floating about . . nothing fallen off in 500 miles and a couple of nights away. . looking good so far . . but Feathers could have done a better PDI

Anybody want to buy its Microwave ?

796[/snapback]

Glad to hear it, we have a compass on order, albeit in the guise of a dealers special!!

:rolleyes: Cant complain about our rallye 540 at all. The only problem we have had is the water heater on mains would not heat up took it back to Cattrick caravans on our first trip out to Hawes. They put it right. Great van cant wait for our next trip in Feb.

Glad you like it,

Our Elddis could have been put right with a half decent pdi. :(

I really like it now, :D  but could have done without the teething problems. :blink:

Paul

1349[/snapback]

Paul

I am awaiting delivery of an Elddis Avante. New to caravanning what areas did you have problems so I can double check them

Thanks

I am awaiting delivery of an Elddis Avante. New to caravanning what areas did you have problems so I can double check them

There was a selection of bits missing, handles, screws etc. and plenty of screws that needed tightening.

(we bought it late in the season, so the bits were probably borrowed) :unsure:

The bed slats would not fasten in at the ends (either end, extended or put away), that was a five minute job

The room heater wouldn't work for long on electric, (Tradetech & Garry told me what it was and how to fix it) :D . (10 mins)

The cover for the flu pipe in the wardrobe was hanging off, (Still waiting for new table, but that's another story) :o

The table kept coming out of its cupboard when travelling, stopped when I had the wheels balanced

The kids bedroom doors kept coming off of their sliders, and flinging themselves open when travelling. (30 mins) :blink:

Now the jobs are done, (did most myself) I have a fantastic caravan, also a dealer special with plenty of extras,(wet locker, fancy cd player, pop out carpets, etc etc)

I did a lot of homework, and searched a lot of models before we bought Elddis, and its paid off

It tow brilliantly, all in all are well chuft :D

Paul

Paul B

I am awaiting delivery of an Elddis Avante.   New to caravanning what areas did you have problems so I can double check them

There was a selection of bits missing, handles, screws etc. and plenty of screws that needed tightening.

The bed slats would not fasten in at the ends (either end, extended or put away), that was a five minute job

The room heater wouldn't work for long on electric, (Tradetech & Garry told me what it was and how to fix it)  :D .   (10 mins)

The cover for the flu pipe in the wardrobe was hanging off, (Still waiting for new table, but that's another story)  :o

The table kept coming out of its cupboard when travelling, stopped when I had the wheels balanced

The kids bedroom doors kept coming off of their sliders, and flinging themselves open when travelling. (30 mins) :blink:

Now the jobs are done, (did most myself) I have a fantastic caravan, also a dealer special with plenty of extras,(wet locker, fancy cd player, pop out carpets, etc etc)

I did a lot of homework, and searched a lot of models before we bought Elddis, and its paid off

It tow brilliantly, all in all are well chuft  :D

Paul

1975[/snapback]

Hey great Paul,

We had loads of problems to in 1998 we purchased a brand new 1998 model Elddis Typhoon Vogue and had all your problems plus more the O ring had gone in the gas fire, we got carbon monoxide poisoning, the caravan cushions collapsed, the doors and cooker gaurdes fell off, the water wouldn`t drain down the plug holes. We rejected as the salesman advised, the van back to the dealership. Visited Elddis factory at Consett and asked for there help, they refused. So we took the case to court and won

Thanks Paul

At least I will know what to look at. Our van is also a dealer special with plenty of extras, whic is one of the resons we bought it. As its in stock we have had a quick look both inside and out with no obvious issues but when I collect next month I will go over it inch by inch before we leave.

We contacted Elddis with our problems, (when the dealer didn't want to know), they were more than helpful, and suggested that we contacted the dealer again, we did the next day, even the dealer wanted to help us???????.

I can't knock the way Elddis helped us :D

Paul

Paul B

Paul

Did you solve the problem of the table falling out of the storage area. Thinking back the demo model we saw had a damaged table when we took it out at the time I could not think why but on reflection it could have fallen out on the way to the dealers causing the damage

The problem solved itself when I had the wheels balanced. :)

I was having punctureseal fitted in the tyres, (you should have the wheels balanced beforehand as it can extenuate the balance problems after having sealant inserted). They were well out of balance, since then I have had no problems with table or anything else falling about, even the rear bedroom doors have stayed fastened back. :D

Another problem was the chest at the front, the table top kept sliding out when travelling, a bit of bluetack in the holes were the bolts fit sorted that one. :D

Paul

Paul B

I have been looking at the new Avante` today and not found a problem with any, in fact the look very good!!!!!!!!!

My Avante` was the last one before they got the 2004's but the price was right

Paul

(now I wish I had the new Odyssey) :rolleyes:

Paul B

Hi

Got a phone call from Tyneside caravans tonight and my caravan Comass Ralley 524L 2002 is ready for pick up on Wednesday. They have had it now since 9th August 2004, they say all faults are repaired and has been tested. Cant wait to get it back so its ready to trade in when my new Avondale is delivered in March, I will be gad to see it go. Never again an Explorer Group van.

Ian.

Hi

Got the van back, new gable supports fitted ( now 6" not the 3" as fitted originally )

new work top and sink, all the rear off side resealed, new off side front window seal, but while they were fitting the worktop the wall panel behind was hanging off. When checked every screw that was supposed to hold it to the batons of the van frame had missed the batons. And the Explorer Group say they have improved their quality standards, I think not.

Still I've got my new Avondale to look forward to in March.

Really do hope your new A. ....e is better than mine was . . went to Gmex today . . the new A. ...es seem more substantial than last years . . perhaps my complaints did some good

best of luck

• 2 months later...

I am awaiting delivery of an Elddis Avante.   New to caravanning what areas did you have problems so I can double check them

The room heater wouldn't work for long on electric, (Tradetech & Garry told me what it was and how to fix it)  :D .   (10 mins)

The cover for the flu pipe in the wardrobe was hanging off, (Still waiting for new table, but that's another story)  :o

It tow brilliantly, all in all are well chuft  :D 

Paul

1975[/snapback]

Hey, sombody had all the problems we had with an Elddis Typhoon Vogue from Barrons, they couldn`t fix it, we wen to Elddis at Consett they didnt want to know. So we rejected the caravan within two weeks of purchase, four years later it went to court and was awarded in our favour.

So it isnt just you that had all the problems with the Explorer group

Somebody elso contacted me via this forum to say he had problems with his new compass corona what should he do, he actually sought advice from trading standards and rejected his caravan.