Caravan Movers

Pa1N

Hi all,

Being new to caravaning, the caravan movers are a totally new concept to me. A remote control device for moving the caravan small distances would be ideal. Because my drive way has a very sharp incline, and it is abit of a struggle for me to get the Van into the garden. And the driveway isnt long enough to pull it up using the car.

So Which caravan movers do you recommend, or would you recommend another method of getting the Van onto the drive. Bearing in mind im on quite a tight budget, as I havent long brought my Van and a new car to pull it.

Any info, Best Buys, fitting, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave.

There are three different makers of movers which drive the caravan wheels. If you have doubts about the ability of them to move your van up your drive, I suggest you contact them and ask for a demonstration. I know Powrwheel Products are prepared to do that.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Guest john1215
Hi all,

Being new to caravaning, the caravan movers are a totally new concept to me. A remote control device for moving the caravan small distances would be ideal. Because my drive way has a very sharp incline. .........

Thanks

Dave.

11231[/snapback]

Dave,

If your drive is too steep, a motor mover may not be powerful enough to move your van up, you may be able to set up a winch, but as has already been mentioned try to get a demo from the motor movers.

john1215

Dave all 3 Movers are priced around £900 for a Single axle Caravan. I'm a convert they are brilliant but expensive.

Mike

I agree. I have a steepish driveway and the Carver does cope with it, although I do get a little bit of creep when it stops. Just keep hold of the handbrake and have a good pair of chocks (I actually use a pair of Fiamma levellers).

I know you have a tight budget but if you can afford them you won't regret it. Best accessory I have bought. Tell your wife that it would make a great Valentine present (actually will be a present for her as well as she will no longer have to help you).

Roger :D

I agree. I have a steepish driveway and the Carver does cope with it, although I do get a little bit of creep when it stops. Just keep hold of the handbrake and have a good pair of chocks (I actually use a pair of Fiamma levellers).

I know you have a tight budget but if you can afford them you won't regret it. Best accessory I have bought. Tell your wife that it would make a great Valentine present (actually will be a present for her as well as she will no longer have to help you).

Roger :D

11329[/snapback]

Hi, am also considering a mover.

I've heard that the suppliers will fit at home or on site. Has anyone taken the option of having the unit fitted on site?

As we're putting the van on a park soon may not have time to arrange home fitting.

Your thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave.

We have a Powertouch mover and they came to try it, mainly to see if it would go up and down the drive.

Our drive is fairly short with a steepish slope, and then straightens out at the bottom at a steep angle.

The mover works fine going up and down the drive but we have to be very careful as it approaches the bottom angle, the length of the van and the projection of the Powertouch underneath the van near the wheels can cause problems.

Better Half (BH) has devised a series of graduated wooden ramps which are moved forward or backwards depending if the van is coming in or going out.

This works well in that the Powertouch and back end of the van doesn't scrape on the concrete, and my running back and forth with various lengths of wood enables good aerobic excercise for me, and free entertainment for the neighbours.

The mover is very useful indeed, we wouldn't be without it, but I would advise you to have it fitted at home so you can assess any awkward problems. :rolleyes:

Guest mr_sheens

having had many years experience of fitting movers, the only one i would endorse is the reich comfort. it is by far the most reliable unit, reich`s after sales is fantastic. my only concern i have the powrtouch is their aftersales. customers have told me, after it has been fitted by powrtouch, when they have had a problem, it takes a while for someone to come and fix it. this is because the same fitters who fit them, repair them.

reich have a lot more features than the others as well.

have a look at the features.

http://www. read-caravans. com/MerchantMLL/D. ..=6669,6670,6950

having had many years experience of fitting movers, the only one i would endorse is the reich comfort. it is by far the most reliable unit, reich`s after sales is fantastic. my only concern i have the powrtouch is their aftersales. customers have told me, after it has been fitted by powrtouch, when they have had a problem, it takes a while for someone to come and fix it. this is because the same fitters who fit them, repair them.

reich have a lot more features than the others as well.

Hi Mr Sheens

We have a powrtouch fitted to our caravan. On returning from our first trip with the powrtouch I noticed that the coating on the rollers had cracked and come off in places.

One phone call to powrtouch and replacement parts were with us within 48 hours. An engineer called before the parts had arrived and arranged a date to install the new rollers. (Which it turns out is very easy.)

On the day the engineer was due he rang to say he was going to be a bit late. He was only 10 minutes late. The job was done very quickly and we have not had a problem since.

Pretty good after sales service for me and the guarantee is for 5 years.

We also met a very satisfied Powrtouch customer last year in France. He broke his remote as they set off for the Ferry Port. Powrtouch arranged for a new remote to be delivered to the Ferry Port so that he could pick it up and still use his mover in France.

How many other companies will do that?

Pete :)