Mondeo Zetec S Tdci 130

dazkim

hi all

i picked up my new car yesterday a 53 plate mondeo zetec s tdci 130 6 speed. just been a a solo trip of 200 mile and was very impressed .

does anybody have any opinions on these cars as a towcar and where is the best place to get the towbar fitted as my local towbar fitter has shut down.

cheers dazkim

ps i live in mansfield nottinghamshire if any one knows of a good fitter :rolleyes:

hi all

i picked up my new car yesterday a 53 plate mondeo zetec s tdci 130 6 speed. just been a a solo trip of 200 mile and was very impressed .

does anybody have any opinions on these cars as a towcar and where is the best place to get the towbar fitted as my local towbar fitter has shut down.

cheers dazkim

ps i live in mansfield nottinghamshire if any one knows of a good fitter :rolleyes:

11199[/snapback]

Hi Dazkim

the mk3 mondeo's are finished very nicely i recently purchased a 2001

model and i have been very impressed it tows lovely, and the car spec's seem very high, i had a tow bar fitted at indesuspention at derby i had a couple of arguements with them about their over relaxed attitude about getting the job done

but they did do a very good job their quote for a mondeo was 223. 00 but after i gave them a bit of a rollicking on how long it took (all day) they knocked the price down to 150. 00, but seems to be fitted very nicely .

Hi Dazkim

the mk3 mondeo's are finished very nicely i recently purchased a 2001

model and i have been very impressed it tows lovely, and the car spec's seem very high, i had a tow bar fitted at indesuspention at derby i had a couple of arguements with them about their over relaxed attitude about getting the job done

but they did do a very good job their quote for a mondeo was 223. 00 but after i gave them a bit of a rollicking on how long it took (all day) they knocked the price down to 150. 00, but seems to be fitted very nicely .

11204[/snapback]

hi all

thanks for the quick response to my question i will do both have a look at the linc and give the guys in derby a call.

ps brian i should have listened to you and brian about 8 month ago when i was on about the freelander . the car was brill but just did not suit me and kim so it had to go but it was very nice .

cheers daz

For your towbar go to Towbars and Trailers in Chesterfield. 01246 202543/236378 and Tony Maris is your contact. Probably the best towbar fitter in the UK, certainly the most knowledgeable and practical around. He trains all the NTTA fitters!

I will second that. We made the 200 mile round trip to Chesterfield so he could fit the towbar and electrics to the X-Trail.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Guest john1215

PCT Automotive, Halfway, Sheffield will come out and fit any towbar at your home, they could be worth a call, I don't know how far they will travel but you never know until you ask PCT Automotive. Their Mondeo towbar is priced at £112. 50 plus fitting if required.

john1215

PS. Not connected with this company just a satisfied customer.

If they haven't moved there is a towbar fitter just off Quarry Lane

Just down from the football ground

My neighbour had towbar fitted there last year

[Zetec S. ...... eh ! Just love those 17" low profiles.

QUOTE]

<_< I was worried the tow-bar would spoil the look of the back-end of my Zetec S but the swan neck does not look to much out of place and only a very small unnoticeable piece taken out of the rear molding/bumper.

:rolleyes: For me it's the front body kit.

Wildcat

I''ve got a 406 HDi 110 and think its great. Get 35mpg towing and 50 solo. This is appropriate as I do in excess of 20K miles pa. I need to replace it shortly and the Mondeo 130 Zetec is on the list. Do most 'vanners go for the estate or is the hatch OK? The estate seems so long.

I nearly bought a Zetec S estate from Ford Direct but was told that I couldn't have a tow bar on a Zetec S because it has lowered sports suspension. I went for a Ghia estate instead, the tow bar which I bought from Ford is actually a Brink swan neck removable. I fitted it myself. It cost about £280 with the twin electrics which just plug in, inside the near side rear panel. It was very easy to fit and comes with instructions. Ford only guarantee it for one year but Brink for 10 if fitted by a dealer.

Do most 'vanners go for the estate or is the hatch OK? The estate seems so long.

I think the wheel base and track are the same on saloons and estates, some of the higher spec estates have self-leveling rear suspension.

hi all

just to carry this one on then what would be a reasonable price to pay for a towbar to be fitted then i must admit i do like the idea of the removable ones.

but would settle for a fixed one if the peice was right. <_<

cheers dazkim

hi all

cheers dazkim

11199[/snapback]

Hi Dazkim. . I to have a 53 plate mondeo tdci (estate) and am having a towbar fitted by national towbars who come to your house and fit it. They quoted me £205 and that is for twin electrics and a removable system. .. I Dont think There will be a problem travelling to your area.

Hi Dazkim. . I to have a 53 plate mondeo tdci (estate) and am having a towbar fitted by national towbars who come to your house and fit it. They quoted me £205 and that is for twin electrics and a removable system. ..  I Dont think There will be a problem travelling to your area.

11711[/snapback]

hi have you got a contact number or any further info on this company.

cheers dazkim

hi have you got a contact number or any further info on this company.

cheers dazkim

11727[/snapback]

Hi again Dazkim, The company is National Towbars and there tel no is 0800 0936656. Ask to speak to Nick. Thats the person who quoted me. He Told me the towbar would be a Towsur towbar and the towbar would have a life time waranty. Not sure how long the fitting warranty was for but it would be a year atleast. Hope this is some help to you.

Cheers. .. ;)

hi cuji k

We are just waiting on the phone ringing to collect our Mondeo Zetec 2. 0 TDCI 130bhp. Can't wait. Heard so many good things about it but looking forward to getting out on some real roads up here in the hills.

Can you tell me if you got the detachable towbar fitted and if you did is there any removal of the back bumper as this would really put me off.

I live near paisley in scotland and don't really know of any dealers or mobile fitter up this way. ...........any info would be great.

p. s. how are you getting on with the Mondeo???

hi cuji k

We are just waiting on the phone ringing to collect our Mondeo Zetec 2. 0 TDCI 130bhp. Can't wait. Heard so many good things about it but looking forward to getting out on some real roads up here in the hills.

Can you tell me if you got the detachable towbar fitted and if you did is there any removal of the back bumper as this would really put me off.

I live near paisley in scotland and don't really know of any dealers or mobile fitter up this way. ...........any info would be great.

p. s.   how are you getting on with the Mondeo???

12066[/snapback]

Hello C11CHA,

I am not having my towbar fitted until tuesday so as soon as it's complete i'll' give you my full verdict. I was told by national towbars that there would be a cut to the bumper but the cut is a small rectangle under the car in a position that cannot be seen when stood behind the car. Believe me if there is a visible cut to the bimper i will be really UNHAPPY if you know what i mean. I've nearly had the car for one year and i'ts my pride and joy. The model we have is a zetec 130 estste with 6sp box and it absolutely flys. If you drive like a sane person you can achive amazing results with the fuel aconomy. My first long trip with the car was 260 miles and driving carefully i managed an average of 54 mpg, normally though we get about 46mpg on a tank. Your gonna love it.

Bye for now. ....

hi all

we have had our mondeo zetec s a week tomorrow and what fun week it has been . the mondeo is a great car to drive and has got loads of power for a diesel .

we have up to yet done 380 miles and still got a quarter of a tank left the fuel computer on the car says we have still got 110 miles in the tank . so i am very happy with the fuel . twice as good as the freelander on fuel.

cheers dazkim :P:P:P

hi all

we have had our mondeo zetec s a week tomorrow and what fun week it has been . the mondeo is a great car to drive and has got loads of power for a diesel .

we have up to yet done 380 miles and still got a quarter of a tank left the fuel computer on the car says we have still got 110 miles in the tank . so i am very happy with the fuel . twice as good as the freelander on fuel.

cheers dazkim :P  :P  :P

12090[/snapback]

The 2. 0 130PS is a storm to drive. The 2. 2 155PS Titanium X and ST TDCi are simply breathtaking - more a hurricane than a storm!

Si.

Right that's it i'm gony phone this dealer and find out whats going on with my car. ........................lol

Hope every thing goes ok and will hear from you cuji k to find out how you get on with the tow bar fitting.

Thanks to all

C11CHA

I bought a Mondeo 115 almost 2 years ago to tow my Bailey Vendee. Last year I took it 1500 miles through France without a blip from the car (or the van). Only problem I have is that due to a knee problem I have gone off clutch pedals. The result is that 2 days ago I collected a 53 plate 115 Mondeo automatic. I expect the same results from it as with the previous LX manual model with, perhaps, a slight hit on consumption.

It just so happened that I met someone towing a Bordeaux with a Discovery, We both headed for the ferry from the same site, but he asked me to lead as I was more familiar wih the route. Arriving at the ferry, he complained that it had been hard to keep up with me. I wasn't driving hard and had plenty of time for the trip, but it seems that the Mondeo was mach better at picking up speed than the Disco. Trust the auto will be close enough to the same!

DenisM