Christmas

As we live on the south coast neither of my children have seen snow. so I am considering finding somewhere to take the caravan in Dec for a christmas treat. Any ideas? don't want to travel too far.

As we live on the south coast neither of my children have seen snow. so I am considering finding somewhere to take the caravan in Dec for a christmas treat. Any ideas? don't want to travel too far.

you don't want to travel too far <_<

I live in Yorkshire & weve seldom seen snow at Christmas, what you will see is most sites are booked allready so don't delay in booking somewhere

but this year we had plenty of snow for easter :lol:

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Welsh mountains

I live in central Scotland and can't remember the last time I saw a white christmas! There is a deer farm about 10 miles outside Oban though but I think it's more for meat than Santa. ...... I would get a ferry crossing and head into France?

Sorry to change tack, but it might be easier and cheaper to hire in a snow machine. .....just a thought :D

very true! I'm looking for something somewhere that put on a really good groto & all the bits for the kids. there must be something that beats the local garden centre

Probably much, much further than you want to go but closer than Lapland - have you thought of going to Aviemore in the Cairngorms. This site at Loch Morlich is open all year but might be full already.

http://www. forestholidays. co. uk/camping__c. ..d/glenmore. aspx

You could then visit the Reindeer just across the road: They lay on special events in Dec and the kids would never forget seeing them

http://www. reindeer-company. demon. co. uk/Centre2/centre. htm

There should be snow on the Cairngorm tops and you can travel up in the Funicular

http://www. cairngormmountain. org. uk/essential-information

I realise that you said that you did not want to travel far, but I think that this is the most likely place in the UK for you to see snow in Dec and the Reindeer are guaranteed.

Otherwise, head for the Alps.