Water

pat & ray

:rolleyes: hello all, first can i say how much we enjoy this site & have learnt quite a bit. our problem is a very slow water flow at all the taps. we have tried adjusting the valve, but to no avail. we have this problem on batt or mains. van is a rialto 554 2002 mod.

Hi,

The pump fitted to your 2002 caravan will be either a GP8815 12V 5A, or a GP9216 12V 8A submersible pump. In both cases the only filter is in line with the cold tap in the kitchen. If you are unable to borrow another pump, I would suggest that you clean the contacts where the unit plugs into the side of the caravan. Also check that the main inlet pipe inside the caravan is not squashed or kinked. Take a look at http://www. whale. ltd. uk/caravan_RV/product_list/16/78/ for details of the pump but be aware that the submersible pump assembly is not a cheap item to replace so check all other options first.

Regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi,

The pump fitted to your 2002 caravan will be either a GP8815 12V 5A, or a GP9216 12V 8A submersible pump. In both cases the only filter is in line with the cold tap in the kitchen. If you are unable to borrow another pump, I would suggest that you clean the contacts where the unit plugs into the side of the caravan. Also check that the main inlet pipe inside the caravan is not squashed or kinked. Take a look at http://www. whale. ltd. uk/caravan_RV/product_list/16/78/ for details of the pump but be aware that the submersible pump assembly is not a cheap item to replace so check all other options first.

Regards,

Gordon.

11100[/snapback]

thanks gordon, i have checked for kinks and found none. you mention two pumps, do they both pump at the same volume. regards pat & ray. :)

I thought the pump supplied with our 2004 Eccles (Truma) was slow. It failed after 6 months and the new one is better. One lesson I have learnt is to have a spare particularly when going abroad.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Pat and ray

what Gordon means is it is one, off two pumps, not that you have two pumps.   I still think it is a pump problem, has it ever run dry .

Pete.

11116[/snapback]

hi pete, i know that i only have one pump but just thougt as gordon mentioned two pumps one might be better than the other. the pump has never run dry, but i expect you are right and i need a new one. regards pat & ray

If you do go for a new pump, you could try a more powerful one. However, if you have the smaller aquaroll, make sure that it will fit through the opening. You might have to ream out the hole or cut a new one. If the latter, post back a query as it is an easy job and will only cost a couple of pounds as long as you have a hole cutter.

Another tip is try to just replace the pump and not the whole unit. It often only requires a bit of soldering and can save pounds.

Roger

hi pete, i know that i only have one pump but just thougt as gordon mentioned two pumps one might be better than the other. the pump has never run dry, but i expect you are right and i need a new one. regards pat & ray

11287[/snapback]

Hi Ray,

Yes you're right the pumps do have different flow rates. The GP8815 gives about 11Ltrs/min on the level but this reduces to just over 9Ltrs/min when lifting the water from the ground to caravan sink height. The GP9216 flows at 13. 4Ltrs/min on the level compared with 11Ltrs/min for sink height.

Sorry for not making that clear in my original reply.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

If you do go for a new pump, you could try a more powerful one. However, if you have the smaller aquaroll, make sure that it will fit through the opening.   You might have to ream out the hole or cut a new one. If the latter, post back a query as it is an easy job and will only cost a couple of pounds as long as you have a hole cutter.

Another tip is try to just replace the pump and not the whole unit. It often only requires a bit of soldering and can save pounds.

Roger

11296[/snapback]

thanks roger i have the bigger aquaroll. i will be going to where the van is stored over the next day or two so will look to see what type pump i have . regards pat & ray.

Guest mr_sheens

a whale 881 pump is only designed for 4 outlets ie 2 sets of taps, and the whale 921 is designed for 6 outlets ie 3 sets of taps. your caravan should have a 921 pump. if it has this pump, i would suggest the pump is faulty. quite a common fault on any whale pump. these pumps are used by quite a few different manufacturers. avondale have even now gone onto the surflow pump on some of their vans, which is a much more reliable pump.

if your pump is faulty, take proof of your purchase ie invoice for your caravan, and you should be able to swop your pump, with no cost, at any retailer of these pumps. this is the arrangement you have to enter in when aggreeing to sell whale items. the pump has its own whale warranty.

a whale 881 pump is only designed for 4 outlets ie 2 sets of taps, and the whale 921 is designed for 6 outlets ie 3 sets of taps. your caravan should have a 921 pump. if it has this pump, i would suggest the pump is faulty. quite a common fault on any whale pump. these pumps are used by quite a few different manufacturers. avondale have even now gone onto the surflow pump on some of their vans, which is a much more reliable pump.

if your pump is faulty, take proof of your purchase ie invoice for your caravan, and you should be able to swop your pump, with no cost, at any retailer of these pumps. this is the arrangement you have to enter in when aggreeing to sell whale items. the pump has its own whale warranty.

11463[/snapback]

thanks mr sheens, i will look to see what pump i have when i next go to caravan. regards pat & ray.