Tyre Sealant

HAD

Has anybody used Ultraseal or Tyreseal,as we are thinking of having our pajero and caravan tyres treated with this and would like your opinions.

Many thanks.

Dave and Heather.

Ford Explorer 4. 0 V6 Auto (LPG) Lunar Solaris 2

If youve never had a puncture using tyre sealant, you may just have been lucky and never had a puncture so its difficult to tell whether the sealant is wirking or not. I can only say from cycling experience, I used to put that bright green stuff in my tyres (forgot its name), I went for about a year without a puncture then had one. Its was a rear wheel puncture and I was in a hurry so I cut the inner tube off, it was full of a black powder not green gungy stuff, I can only presume that the sealant degenerated over time.

I use punctureseal & I have never had a puncture, I replaced my tyres this year using e-tyres to do it, when the changed the tyres they still had punctureseal inside them, but more importantly you could see the red tracer marks were I had, had a puncture at some time.

Punctureseal also keeps your tyres cooler,

better safe than sorry

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

What are Tyron bands?

I used to use the green goo in my tyres when I was trail riding on my m/cycle, tyres used to take alot of punishment, when I washed the bike off at home, you could see little green blobs around the knobblies, plenty of punctures, no flat tyres.

Hope this helps

Guest mr_sheens

most tyre fitters ie. quick fit, ats etc do not endorse tyre sealant. it will prevent small punctures but not blow outs. the best thing to do is either have your tyres on your caravan inspected regularly and have tyron bands fitted. at least then if you do have a blow out, it is controlled you can still run for a while on the deflated tyre and it will not cause any other damage to your caravan. well worth the money.

What are Tyron bands?

I used to use the green goo in my tyres when I was trail riding on my m/cycle, tyres used to take alot of punishment, when I washed the bike off at home, you could see little green blobs around the knobblies, plenty of punctures, no flat tyres.

Hope this helps

11796[/snapback]

www. tyron. com

tyron bands keep the tyre attached to the rim in the event of a puncture or blowout. They are around 120 pound fitted for two wheels.

regards Brownie.

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

Toyota Avensis 2. 0 diesel 2016.   Lunar Quasar 544  2018.

Punctureseal or ultraseal, will allow controlled deflation of tyres with larger holes ie: prevent blowouts, that is what it was designed for, smaller holes it seals, prevention being better than the etc.

When you check your tyres you will see red tracer marks that will show if you have had a puncture, the alternative is to sit on the motorway until a recovery vehicle changes your wheel for you.

I for one prefer not to have my family parked up on motorways, but each to is own.

When your tyre needs replacing the sealant can be removed with a damp cloth.

Sealants have come a long way since the latex type

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Archived