Nissan X-trail Dci

CPDavis

I find when driving the above in this present wet weather that unless the A/C on, the windscreen and side windows become quite badly misted up. even with just driver aboard. Anyone else have the same problem?

Also with regard to ongoing problems with cam chain issues even on new 135 dci engine have been acknowledged by Nissan customer care, who have written to say that Nissan have now developed a 'fix' for this, which will be sent to dealerships shortly.

If you have 'new' dci engined version and you get harsh vibration that sounds like loose exhaust or bonnet stay. especially noticeable whilst towing between 2200-2500 rpm, get down to your dealer asap. :unsure:

I to have found this problem with the X-Trail, but in fairness I also had it on my Xantia. It seems certain types of damp weather creates this condition. I find you only need to leave the AC on from a short period until the heater warms up. To prevent condensation building up on the inside of the windscreen I place a chamois over the vent at the bottom of the screen. A bit Heath Robinson but until I get another answer I find it helps.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I know this may sound daft but check you have not pressed the recurculate button ( I asume the car has one)

Sometimes, if behind say a big smeely bus I press mine and then forget to press it off. ...uses the same air in cabin so soon starts to steam up

cheers

Scott

Why would you not want the air conditioning on? We leave ours on all the time.

Read the handbook if you do leave your a/c off because it can cause severe problems if it isn't used on a regular basis.

Yossa

I agree, I have seen many reports of the problems created by drivers turning off air conditioning and as a result suffering very costly repairs. the cost of running modern AC is much lower than the cost of these repairs caused by seals drying up and needing replacement.

My aircon is left on all the time. I think the days of it reducing mpg drastically are gone.

Under certain conditions (wet & cold) if my automatic climate control is on (99% of the time) I can get a bit of misting and I need to override it and manually turn on the windscreen vent.

My aircon is left on all the time. I think the days of it reducing mpg drastically are gone.

11330[/snapback]

I thought that too and always left mine on until recently. My average MPG has gone up from around 46 to around 50 with it set to ECO.

I do run the A/C for about an hour a week to keep as recommended in the handbook to hopefully prevent any problems.