2004 Ranger And 110 Amp Hr Battery

NewRangerFamily

I have noted, from the caravan manual that Bailey recommend a max 90 amp hour battery. I would like to upgrade to a 110 amp hour so rang Bailey just to check and was advised that it would be OK providing the battery was a "standard 779". I dont know what that is - anyone else have a 110 amp hr battery in their Ranger?

Regards

David, Callum and Connor (NRF)

Guest mr_sheens

i think what bailey are talking about is the size of battery ie. dimensions. some 110amp batteries are slightly larger than others. this room issue is not just limited to bailey, it is an issue on other manufacturers. the only thing i can suggest is either measure the dimensions of the battery box, or if unsure take the caravan when you purchase and try it in situ. this way you will make sure.

To be sure take the battery tray out of the locker when you go to purchase your 110Ah battery, you'll be sure it fits then.

The height should not be a problem - only the overall length and width.

Mine fits a treat.

ATB

You can not reason with an unreasonable person.

Bought the 110 amp battery yesterday when collecting my van after its service. The dealer assured me it would fit in and it did but I have had to tuck the power cables on top of the battery. A very snug fit!

My only headache was trying to figure out how to lift the battery in to the compartment with the tray underneath and only having one pair of hands. ..as you know those 100amp'ers are heavy things! In the end I used some plumbers tape and wrapped it round the battery and tray so i could lift the battery from the ground, using the handles, with the tray attached to the battery. I wonder how others manage on their own?!

Regards

If you think it's tight now, should you have a mover fitted the extra pair of heavy

duty cables make it a work of art to get it all in the locker provided.

Why don't the caravan manufactures give us a bit more room?

JONO

Ps : Any body got an other way of wiring a mover to avoid two pairs of cables in the battery locker.

I have got a motor mover fitted! I've got a Powrtouch but the only thing in the battery compartment for the Powrtouch is the switch and its above (or below. ..cant remember now!!) the mains hook up socket.

Regards

Guest macSpot
If you think it's tight now, should you have a mover fitted the extra pair of heavy

duty cables make it a work of art to get it all in the locker provided.

Why don't the caravan manufactures give us a bit more room?

JONO

Ps : Any body got an other way of wiring a mover to avoid two pairs of cables in the battery locker.

11889[/snapback]

And I thought it was just me, every time I take the battery out I have a fight to get it back in. Just a bit more space and I wouldn't be losing my hair, mind there ist much left up there. . :rolleyes:

Guest mr_sheens

with most movers the battery cables for the mover have to go onto the battery and they are approx 40amp cables which are thick. they have to be this big and go direct to the battery to cope with this ampage.

Hi

The dimensions of the battery box are 345mm wide, 240mm high and 174mm deep.

The size of the 110ah battery are: 345mm wide, 235mm high and 170mm deep (as sold at Viscount Caravans) dimensions taken from a Bailey Provence 2005 which will almost certainly have the same size battery compartment. We are planning on putting a 110ah battery into ours when we get it.