Bailey And Aquarolls

carl

Having recently purchased a 2004 Bailey Bordeaux ive noticed i cannot get my 42ltrs aquaroll /waste containers in the front locker. Is this right or am i doing something wrong. My last van a 2001 Bailey Mosselle would take all my containers and the locker would close no problem. Is the reason for this to give more room inside or has my aquaroll grown overnight?

If so where do you put yours?

Hi Carl,

I must admit that I've never tried fitting the aquaroll in the front box. We keep ours in the shower/toilet along with the wastemaster.

Yossa

Guest mr_sheens

NEVER store waste masters or aqua rolls in the shower or washroom. they are liable to cause damage to the shower tray or vanity units and this will NOT be covered by your warranty.

sorry, but this is just the way it is with all manufacturers.

NEVER store waste masters or aqua rolls in the shower or washroom. they are liable to cause damage to the shower tray or vanity units and this will NOT be covered by your warranty.

10718[/snapback]

I don't agree. We have carried Aquaroll and Wastemaster in toilet/shower for years but we do have them in bags to avoid any damage. Worked perfectly so far.

Mlamont

My 40 litre aquaroll will not fit in the front locker despite the salesman telling me it would. However, it is a perfect fit between the toilet and the wardrobe and when you rotate the toilet around, it locks it in place so it cannot move at all. This feature may not be on other layouts.

Brian

I don't agree.   We have carried Aquaroll and Wastemaster in toilet/shower for years but we do have them in bags to avoid any damage.   Worked perfectly so far.

Mlamont

10773[/snapback]

Hi All

We use a smal cargo net ( Halford £8-00) between the two front seats, 4 small D (£2-00 ) brackets fitted under the seats . We removed the hooks supplied with the cargo net and fitted dog lead clips to the cargo net( £1-00 each ), quick and simple to use and the natural from to the shapes of the stored items:- aqua roll . waste water container and waste bin etc

Dave

Hi All

We  use a smal cargo net ( Halford  £8-00)  between the two front seats, 4 small D (£2-00 ) brackets fitted under the seats .   We removed  the hooks supplied with the cargo net and fitted dog lead clips to the cargo net( £1-00 each ),  quick and simple to use and the natural  from to the shapes of the stored items:- aqua roll . waste  water container and waste bin  etc

Dave

10787[/snapback]

Sounds like a great idea to me

Bob

ive just started packing my van up for our first trip away . We have a 2005 bailey vendee and with a bit of jiggling around the waste and 40 ltr aquaroll both fit in nicely, my brother takes the black tyres off of his aquaroll to get it in his side locker and then refits them easily when removed from the locker . hope this helps cheers . ...Graham

Guest macSpot

We have always carried our Aquarolls & Wastemaster inside some bags from Gardners of Wakefield and put them in the shower. So far after 12 years caravaning had no problems with this method.

MacSpot

Guest mr_sheens

for the people who do store things in the washroom, and have not had any damage, i think you have been lucky. its not a common occurance, but it does happen. i have come across quite a few in my time, and every time a warranty claim has been submitted, it has been rejected by every manufacturer if items have been stored in the washroom.

people may not agree with this, i am just merely stating a fact, sorry.

Having recently purchased a 2004 Bailey Bordeaux ive noticed i cannot get my 42ltrs aquaroll /waste containers in the front locker. Is this right or am i  doing something wrong. My last van a 2001 Bailey Mosselle would take all my containers and the locker would close no problem. Is the reason for this to give more room inside or has my aquaroll grown overnight?

10687[/snapback]

My large Aquaroll does not fit in the front locker of the Carolina either. I must admit to storing it empty in the washroom. I'd never store it full as the weight of all that water at the back of the van could be dodgy. I would not run with the on board water tank full either - not like fuel tanks on cars, the Bailey water tank as far as I know is not baffled (unless anyone else has heard otherwise?).

When we have used my parents Swift Corniche (this Carolina is the first van of our own), we have had the Aquaroll in a bin bag and wrapped a sleeping bag around it in the shower and not ever had a problem. If anything is likely to cause any damage in the van it will be the wifes collection of ***** shoes!!

My front locker stores gas bottles, jockey brace, waste container and piping, wheel brace, and pink & blue chemical for the khazi, and when we go away will also store plastic chocks, mud grips, mallet for awning pegs and a peg extractor.

Si.

Hi Carl

We own a Bailey Pageant and must confess to storing the Aquaroll in the loo as well!! We pop it into a black bag and wedge it in with one of the cushions, works fine with no damage over the past 3000 miles. I always store it empty.

I like the idea of the cargo net though for all sorts of things that fly around the van like kids, pets, contents of wardrobe etc !! (only joking, kids go in the roof box)

Regards, Gord :D

We use old-fashioned rectangular water and waste containers, jerry-can style. This does necessitate a separate trolly but this will also carry the toilet cassette. They all fit in the front locker of our Magenta with space to spare and have little effect on the noseweight.

Circular containers are very inefficient, space-wise.

10718[/snapback]

I can't see that an aqua roll or wastemaster properly stowed in the shower/toilet will cause any damage. As far as not being covered by the warranty, I'm sure that this applies to anything stowed incorrectly causing damage. Warranties are usually to cover faulty material and workmanship.

Yossa

Having recently purchased a 2004 Bailey Bordeaux ive noticed i cannot get my 42ltrs aquaroll /waste containers in the front locker. Is this right or am i  doing something wrong. My last van a 2001 Bailey Mosselle would take all my containers and the locker would close no problem. Is the reason for this to give more room inside or has my aquaroll grown overnight?

10687[/snapback]

We have the Bordeaux and you are correct that the 42L aquaroll will not fit in the front locker. The smaller ones will though. We travel with our stood up in the shower tray, with the mat in situ. After 10000+ miles of towing with it in this position, we have no damage to any part of the toilet compartment.

It would be interesting to know where Bailey intended Aquarolls to be carried though.

We have the Bordeaux and you are correct that the 42L aquaroll will not fit in the front locker.   The smaller ones will though.   We travel with our stood up in the shower tray, with the mat in situ.   After 10000+ miles of towing with it in this position, we have no damage to any part of the toilet compartment.

It would be interesting to know where Bailey intended Aquarolls to be carried though.

11295[/snapback]

It would be even more interesting to find out how one would expect Bailey to know what each and every single caravanner were carrying in their 'van!!! People do have various shaped containers for water and the front locker has never been designed specifically for aquarolls. If they happen to fit in some front lockers then this is a bunce. We put ours in black bin liners for transport and do as you do and put cushions around so there is little or no movement, never had any problems. Frankly, many of these questions that appear on these forums are common sense, I'm aghast to actually understand how naive people really are.

Frankly, many of these questions that appear on these forums are common sense, I'm aghast to actually understand how naive people really are.

11302[/snapback]

Actually it's called experience.

A subject which appears common sense to one can prove a mystery to another until they have experienced it.

That's why this forum exists. It passes on the experiences of others so that it becomes common sense to another.

The only time our aquarolls etc. go in our washroom is when the van is in storage. I think the front locker, if it isn't too small, is a non-runner as if there is any violent movement (i. e. hard breaking) then the front panel is likely to be damaged by anything hitting the inside. We try to get everything inside the van over the axles, arranging it all so that it stays in one place. It's all packed out by the ground sheet and anything else we're carrying. Nothing moves and it's all above the axles, the safest place it can be.

Happy caravanning,

Nev and Tina.

Actually it's called experience.

A subject which appears common sense to one can prove a mystery to another until they have experienced it.

That's why this forum exists.   It passes on the experiences of others so that it becomes common sense to another.

11358[/snapback]

I agree largely in principle. But what I was eluding to was that if one's aquarolls will not fit into the front locker, then one has to find alternative accomodation for them!! now that's not to difficult, or is it? It should not require much effort to work that one out.

Safe caravanning to all.

I agree largely in principle. But what I was eluding to was that if one's aquarolls will not fit into the front locker, then one has to find alternative accomodation for them!! now that's not to difficult, or is it? It should not require much effort to work that one out.

Safe caravanning to all.

11436[/snapback]

I think the original post was actually an open enquiry to see if anyone else with a Bailey had problems putting 40L aquarolls in the front locker, or if there was a solution to it.

Sometimes the most obvious solutions are the ones hardest to spot, and a sharing of ideas is the best way forward. Personally one wouldn't have considered placing one's aqualrolls in the shower cubicle/washroom, although following some of the other answers it seems like this may not be the best place. Mine just sit, in storgae bags, in the living area, although after one trip that included an emergency stop the aquaroll had gone from mid- to front of the van (empty) so I'm currently looking at ways of securing them to prevent mid trip movement.

I place our Aquarol in a bag inthe bottom of the waldrobe, nice snug fit can't roll or move, just where do you put the Wastemaster?

Mike

In our Bailey 550/6 the Waste master just about fits under the rear bottom bunk, and I have to admit I do store the Aquarol in the bathroom.

However now that we have moved the spare wheel to under the van I may try the front locker.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I tried my Aquaroll in the front locker (no spare wheel) and it fits like a dream, no movement nice snug fit. ....

Just stumbled across this one and found it interesting as about to pick up the new Vendee. I've always kept water containers in the wash room on my (tearfully) soon to go ABI Marauder and I can't for the life of me see how much damage a couple of empty plastic containers can make in a shower compartment - especially if you wrap them up in something soft. I have yet of course to discover where to put everything in the new van after perfecting the technique in the old one! And it's amazing how much stuff came out of it - talk about a Tardis. ...

Where do people put Lafuma chairs, picnic tables etc? These seem a bit heavy to put under the rear bed which otherwise looks like the right spot.