Kia Sportage 2.0 Sx

Aussie

Has anyone got views/opinions on the KIA Sportage 2. 0 SX from the year 2000?

We are looking to change from our Primera Active 1. 8 (2001).

If anyone knows a site where we can get the specs for the above KIA i would be greatful as the only specs I can find are for the new Sportage.

Do the knowledgeable on here think it should be able to tow an Avondale Dart 510/5?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Aussie

Aussie

If its weights you want try here Towcar Info

There is also another website Whattowcar where you can key in details of your car and van and it tells you what sort of towing match you have.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

David,

I have been on those sites but the kerbweight etc varies on the sites and on other sites i have been on <_<

We are also now considering the Hyundai Santa FE 2. 0. Doe anyone have any views/opinions on them.

Going back to the sites that check car/van match they don't always have the exact model of car that we are looking at. An example of this is that the kerbweight for the Sportage is quoted on one site as 1678 but on another as 1495 :huh:

I thik this is because one is for the latest model and the other for the 2000/2001 model.

Ifanyone can help I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Aussie

Dave thanks for the suggestion.

David,

I have been on those sites but the kerbweight etc varies on the sites and on other sites i have been on <_<

We are also now considering the Hyundai Santa FE 2. 0. Doe anyone have any views/opinions on them.

Going back to the sites that check car/van match they don't always have the exact model of car that we are looking at. An example of this is that the kerbweight for the Sportage is quoted on one site as 1678 but on another as 1495 :huh:

I thik this is because one is for the latest model and the other for the 2000/2001 model.

Ifanyone can help I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Aussie

Dave thanks for the suggestion.

10682[/snapback]

Aussie

I tow a Avondale Dart 510/5 1998 model with a Kia Sportage 2003 model

Caravan M. G. W. shown in handbook as 1160kg

Sportage max Tow Fig. 1600kg braked trailer

The outfit has a stabaliser fitted and tows nicely.

I would say the pulling power of the 2. 0lt petrol engine is adequet, having towed with a 1. 8 Turbo Diesel Mondeo prior to the Sportage.

The pulling power of the Mondeo was exceptional but diesels are.

I am waiting for the New Diesel Sportage to become available am toying with the idea of going back to diesel.

Hope that helps

Hi Aussie,

the Sportage you're referring to weighs empty in standard trim 1410 kg so your outfit will be about a 89% match. But when you weigh the car on a weighbridge it'll do around 1500 or more. ..., making it a 83% match. So what's the point? A difference in tyre pressure has more effect than these 6% theoretical difference.

Regards, Bert

www. whattowcar. com

Bert,

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like we are going to go for the Santa Fe. Has a bit more umph than the Sportage and more room inside for two groing lads. Eldest being 4ft 9in and only 8 years old!! :huh:

Do you have any thoughts on the Santa Fe 2. 4 Petrol? Or does anybody else?